• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT-air compressor

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i'm finally getting my garage in order and will be installing a 100amp subpanel to power electrical. i will be installing an air compressor and wanted to know of those who have them what they like or dislike about 'em. i intend to use it for minor body work, painting, impact wrench. i'm leaning towards an upright with maybe 30-60 gal capacity either 110 or 220. TIA

Guest Anonymous

Me & Hugo Posting.jpg

URL: http://im4bmw.freewebspace.com/index.html

I have a Porter-Cable "Belt" driven oil-type compressor - 110v. Bought it at Lowe's. I love it...it's QUIET and has plenty of power. I looked into this long and hard before purchasing one a few years ago. I would not recommend the oil-less "noisy" compressors....you'll go deaf!

Another tip: Have a separate circuit installed from your 100 Amp subpanel specific for compressor use, so the GFI won't trip every time you start the compressor. That is what I plan to do in my garage.

If you have any more questions, feel free to e-mail me.

Good luck,

John

'72tii "Hugo"

Guest Anonymous

I put a 50 amp (for my welder)and a couple 30 amp (table saw, etc) outlets in when I upgraded the service. Now I wish I'd put another 50 across the garage. Do it now. It's nice to be able to add a machine and know you've got the set-up for it.