halboyles

ti pedal linkage info

11 posts / 736 viewsLast Reply

Could someone measure the ti linkage rod that goes from the pedal lever to the linkage bracket at the firewall.  I think it has just one major bend on its length and then the short right angle bend that connects to the pedal lever.  I need to know the measurement of the two long lengths of the rod.

Thanks in advance!

Hal - 

I'm running the heim joint linkage rod  on my 69 (with ti carburetor linkage).  It works fine (just like the standard 2002 and 2002 tii) vertical linkage rod.

This picture is before I replaced the stock 69 single carburetor linkage rod with the heim joint rod.

0C43FACB-1459-460F-9E3E-E61FF79B770E_zps

Thanks for the pic Jim.  I am trying to replicate the original rod that goes from the pedal lever on the pedal box to the linkage bracket that is in your pic.  I have somehow lost my only copy in a parts stash move.

3 hours ago, halboyles said:

Thanks for the pic Jim.  I am trying to replicate the original rod that goes from the pedal lever on the pedal box to the linkage bracket that is in your pic.  I have somehow lost my only copy in a parts stash move.

I have another heim joint rod for the tii (not installed yet) that I can take measurements from tomorrow (ummm later today). Also have the stock 2002 one I removed from the 69.

The ti (1600 and 2002) had its own version but folks just normally bend their standard '02 rod to accommodate the ti linkage at the firewall.  The tii is even a different part number, though I don't know how it varies from the others.  

Hal:

Here's the linkage from my ti - hope it helps.  Let me know if you need more detailed measurements.

Andy

ti linkage.JPG

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, halboyles said:

Jim, were you able to find M6 heim joints or did you have to re-thread the rod at both ends?

I purchased the stainless steel aftermarket linkage rod from harry6422

• Thanks 1

Mcmaster Carr carries metric internal thread rod ends    $6.12     both right hand and left hand thread