• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turbo exhaust manifold

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am seriously considering installing a turbocharger on my 2002. It has a single side draft DCOE so I could easily make a plenum for that. I need some kind of turbo exhaust manifold. I have headers that i removed from the car that I could make into the manifold. Has anyone ever done this before and how much room is there to fit the turbo?

Guest Anonymous

You should really consider EFI if you want to do it.

The stock 2002 turbo manifold flows okay, and can be mounted normally (turbo to the rear) or upsidown (turbo by the rad, like Pat did I think?)

Probably cheaper than finding an aftermarket one too :)

Guest Anonymous

Remember the Masarati "Bi-turbo" carburated??? I too have thought about this, but the blown seals in the carbs and trying to tune them seems like a bad idea. Maybe a supercharger with limited boost, but pump 15-20psi through a Weber and you're askin' for trouble.

EFI is expensive, but it looks like there are some cool alternatives out there (primarily from England), and match to DOCE manifolds...

------------

BigDog

'76 2002 Weber DCOE40s

Guest Anonymous

you can encase the entire carbs in an airbox so that the pressure is equal inside and out... bingo no more seal problems. but its still a crappy solution compared to EFI.

Matt