• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

spoiler how to?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

how do you monut a front spoiler. I am not puting the bumper back on and I would like it to look cleanas

Guest Anonymous

Spoiler_on_car1.jpg

There are many ways to install a front spoiler. It also depends on the spoiler.

Don't use sheet metal screws unless the spoiler is very lightweight. Even then, I still wouldn't.

I run a strip of lawn border (from Home Depot) as a layer between the the nose and the spoiler. The vertical alignment is the most important and most difficult. And because most 2002 noses have had some repair work done on them, they never line up perfectly. The lawn border fills up the small imperfections. Use rivnuts. They save the spoler and the nose. It also makes it easily removable. And you should run an aluminum strip along the top lip and stringers from the bottom of the spoiler to the lower edge of the nose. Use the bumper holes on the fender edges as a mounting point also.

I plan to do an install, take detailed pictures and post them on my web site in the near future.