• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Everyone in the powder coating biz is a DICK!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

He did the 14" 2000CS wheels that ended up on Dave Hoovler's Colorado '71.

It's a nice drive from the Windy City...a little farther than Gingerman...right near Grattan Raceway.

Ah'm frum de sout-zide. Jolly-ette.

:)

Delia

Guest Anonymous

Accurate Powdercoating in San Carlos, CA. His name is Warren, 605/802-8180. He knows our parts and correct colors/finish.

Guest Anonymous

you could try using one of the do it yourself kits

available, you spray th stuff on and then throw it in

the over for a while. If it was something smallish.

for a subframe or larger things you would prolly

have to farm it out unless you have a pizza oven at

your disposal.

Guest Anonymous

He's a Neu Classe kinda guy. I met him at 02 FestWest a few years back.

He did tell me that if there is any corrosion on your alloy wheels, there is a chance it could peek through again even after they have been blasted and powder coated. He also said that powder coating is not the be all-end all of coatings, there are times that regular old paint will out do powder coating.

Guest Anonymous

I've heard that powder coating is chip prone, and not the best application for undercarriage parts and wheels. This from some show car guys who make everything real pretty, but want it to stay that way. I sent my alloys to wheels america. It cost a whole lot more than $99 per wheel though. They did a nice job, but they chipped along the edges as well. There is a place I plan on using to powder coat parts in the engine bay up here in Sheboygan Wis. I met the owner at a car show. He was very nice. I'll inquire as to what it would cost to do a wheel.