GeigerSpeed

Historic Vehicle reg?

3 posts / 378 viewsLast Reply

Anyone have any experience with Historical Vehicle plates/registration? Still need to register my '68, thought it would be kinda cool to get historic plates. That being said I read that there could be implications on insurance. Right now I'm using Geico and I haven't found anything regarding historic vehicle registration.

Thoughts?

Hi GeigerSpeed--

A fellow in the East Bay has his Chamonix 2002 registered with historic plates.  See [https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/219984-brisbane-2018-swap-and-show-pictures/] and scroll down to Bob Yee's (Yeewiz) "...and just a few more..." post; the photo is #7.

As I recall from chatting with the owner there are some restrictions on annual miles driven but he was OK with that distance and did not need an odometer inspection.  But do check the registration requirements and see how they fit your planned use (including, of course, NT49MD and Swap & Show).

Larry

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.