Vintagedavid

BMW 2800/Bavaria

5 posts / 246 viewsLast Reply

I found a derelict 2800 in PNW that has sat outside for many years.  It is a complete car, but really a parts car.  Are there any parts that are compatible with 2002?  I see dual carbs.  The clock is a pretty interesting little part.  This does have a full set of 14 x 6.5 Campagnolo magnesium wheels which are 5 bolt pattern.  I am wondering if there is anyone on the board needing 2800/Bavaria parts?

I dont know of anything that is interchangeable,  but I'm no expert.  

There is definitely a need for E3 parts, I suggest posting some pics in the parts for sale section, and also on E9coupe.com classifieds. Thanks!

The front and rear sub-frames/suspensions are pretty-much interchangeable with the e12, and if stories are to be believed, the rear sub-frame should fit into an NK with a tiny bit of work (if an e12 one works as some people claim...).

It's probably rusted (they all are), but the sunroof components should be completely interchangeable between NK, '02, e3 and e12 models...and possibly very early e28.  Panel, seals, cables, top chrome trim, crank, sliders, etc..all of it.

Not much else I know of.  If it was a 3.0, the m30 would be of interest to the e9 guys.

I think a few guys are running Bavaria control arms on their 02’s for some extra camber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(edited)

An e9 rear subframe goes straight in an NK, don't know if the e3 are different. Have you got a pic of the wheels? They'll obviously be 5 bolt, so not a straight swap on 02s or NKs but I could be very intersted if you end up with the car.

Carbs only good for the 6 cylinder, and even then they're supposedly not very good!

Edited by NickVyse