• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'02 OEM Recaros

02Rally

Price: $2600

Description:

Hi,

Finally decided to sell my old Recaros. I pulled them out of my 2002 Tii back in the 80's when I went rallying in it ..... I wish I still had the car but it didn't survive the abuse sadly.

These are extremely rare and I always dreamed of finding a nice '02 to put them in to one day. However, time is in short supply and I've too many other projects on the go.

Included are the adjustable Recaro sliders, One of them is missing the plastic knob but the other has the knob with the Recaro emblem on it.

Also included are the 2 tilt mechanisms which attach the seats to the original '02 mounting points.

(The head restraints are shown fully retracted. They do extend up on 2 chrome pins.)

They are in the UK so the price doesn't include shipping. They are advertised in the UK too.

Here's a link to an old post on this forum about a similar pair:

These would be a nice addition to any '02 restoration.

Cheers,

Ian.

Seats Side view.JPG

Seats Front view.JPG

• Like 3

Holy crap! That’s a whole lotta cash for used
No offense, but you must not know what you're looking at. These aren't E21 Recaros.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

9 minutes ago, 1936spyder said:

No offense, but you must not know what you're looking at. These aren't E21 Recaros.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

+1

I believe these are very reasonably priced for what they are....

I threw my name on the list as soon as I saw them, but I’ll bet there are a dozen eager buyers ahead of me.... ?

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I was first in line and agreed to the price assuming we could establish they really existed, they really belonged to the seller, I could pay with PayPal goods and services etc

I had one exchange with the seller and he seemed OK but he has not responded since. Not sure if he changed his mind or it was never a legit sale or what, but I’m hopeful he follows through. 

Anybody else hear back from him?

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your interest in my listing and apologies for not responding earlier. (I'm old school and don't live my life on antisocial media.)

Whilst I am aware that these seats are sought after I had no idea I would get so many responses so soon. They are currently in storage in the UK and I now live in Australia. In view of the interest in them I am now trying to arrange to get them out of storage and to a location where I can get quotes for shipping. All of this would have happened anyway, of course, but it seems that it now must happen sooner than I anticipated.

Again, sorry if I haven't responded yet to all the PMs. Please bear with me for a few days while I get my s#!t together.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, mccusername said:

I was first in line and agreed to the price assuming we could establish they really existed, they really belonged to the seller, I could pay with PayPal goods and services etc

I had one exchange with the seller and he seemed OK but he has not responded since. Not sure if he changed his mind or it was never a legit sale or what, but I’m hopeful he follows through. 

Anybody else hear back from him?

They’re also listed in the U.K., however, which is why I’m assuming there are far more potential buyers than have come forth here. And I’d bet that the U.K. listing appeared before this U.S. listing. The seller sounds like an old-school fellow, and I’m betting he will sell to the first person who accepts on his terms. Although U.K. (and even European) buyers might have an edge, as they could pick up the seats where they sit...

I say this just to manage expectations....

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

Well if raising your hand and yelling 'me first!' doesn't get you what you want, then I don't know what this world is coming to. 

It's great to hear from the seller. While circumstances might make the communication a little slow, he seems totally legit which means someone in the world is going to get these awesome seats. Still hope it's me!

4 hours ago, mccusername said:

Well if raising your hand and yelling 'me first!' doesn't get you what you want, then I don't know what this world is coming to....

But how do you know that you were the first to raise your hand when it was listed on a U.K. site before it was listed here? The seller disclosed in the original listing that he had listed them in the U.K. as well, and that listing could draw attention from....anywhere. You could be twelfth in line, and I could be number thirty-six!

The logistics are complicated with a non-exclusive listing. ?

Regards,

Steve