• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone deal with alufranker on eBay for wheels?

jturner

Just wondering if he's known here.

Bought some Borranis from him on German eBay end of last year. He has a good feedback history, great communication. I gave him some extra time to finish them to my spec.

But— the shipping has been delayed a couple times, and he's recently stopped replying. Just noticed he pulled all his other listings on eBay down. Theres valid reasons all this stuff could happen.

I'm not in a hurry for the wheels, but thought it would be worth an ask.

Justin Turner

'74 Malaga 

1 hour ago, oh2ryan said:

Don’t scare me! I was just checking in on another set I bought from him... he’s been great to me in the past, he gets busy at times though!

Haha, this is all reassuring. Thought I'd check here before hassling him. He's a nice dude.

Justin Turner

'74 Malaga 

Well, if we are talking about Frank F in Germany, I was not treated so well on a Petri steering wheel I purchased last year.  It came with obvious damage in the foam which he claimed had to be shipping damage, yet it was packaged extremely well.

• Like 1

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

• 1 month later...

An update on Frank Franker (Powderwheels)-

I finally got him to reply to me through eBay, but I didn't get wheels or a tracking # by the deadline he set. I never got him to reply again on the cell # he gave me.

I eventually filed a paypal case (after 3 months of waiting) and got refunded. He never replied to Paypal either. His ebay store is closed and he is "no longer a registered user".

So my advice is to steer clear of this guy. I've been PMd by other members in the same boat as me.

I know some people have got wheels out of him- so best scenario, he's completely overwhelmed.

Worst scenario, he's now selling wheels he doesn't have and letting the accounts he uses get suspended. I know the wheels I bought were impossible for me to find, and he somehow had several sets for me to choose from.

• Like 1

Justin Turner

'74 Malaga 

Frank Franker sent me 2 sets of wheels, both hard to find. I think he may source them and then sell, followed by refinishing to customers spec and then shipping.

Both sets took about 3 weeks to ship but did arrive perfectly refinished as per my speck 

303F2A07-8E63-4B76-87ED-C1009463ED97.thumb.jpeg.559576bde867e39aae569b36d4c4e8ce.jpeg

307FDDDA-589F-4841-AA3A-49EBB6E53CFE.thumb.jpeg.6b3ec290ec20485ad8bc8c6ddfe18dfa.jpeg

3B508120-59B7-4EC6-AA2E-1538163DF76B.thumb.jpeg.19636080a9b56453ce2ae59da02b2b3a.jpeg

5E736CA8-617A-4FF9-864A-26A6087E057A.thumb.jpeg.56cd9320ee4f73ad17647ebbdd9abfb5.jpeg

B7B7362E-935E-48AA-80D0-59F61F08F775.jpeg

• Like 1

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

3 hours ago, jturner said:

I saw those MiMs on eBay. I'd say you got lucky if he got em to you in 3 weeks, much less at all. I was out since December.

It was 3 weeks to a status, about 9 weeks from payment but it was my second set so I didn’t stress on it

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

10 hours ago, resra said:

I bought some parts for Germany before and sometimes it took 2-3 months just to clear customs and I could see where they were sitting stuck. Otherwise never had issues. Never dealt with this guy though.

Yeah, that wasn't the case here unfortunately. He hadn't shipped them as of the day I filed the paypal case. He then had 10 days from paypal to get me a tracking number before I got refunded. Never heard a peep.

• Like 1

Justin Turner

'74 Malaga 

I met a guy last week at a car show that bought wheels from frank franker. His wheels looked perfect. I talked with frank on Sunday through Facebook and he was very responsive. Then again he is still in the selling phase so perhaps that's why he is so quick to respond. Maybe try contacting him that way?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

08a8e6d69c838802292a72d2c1646d98.jpg

4 hours ago, Bibm5 said:

I met a guy last week at a car show that bought wheels from frank franker. His wheels looked perfect. I talked with frank on Sunday through Facebook and he was very responsive. Then again he is still in the selling phase so perhaps that's why he is so quick to respond. Maybe try contacting him that way?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

08a8e6d69c838802292a72d2c1646d98.jpg

I don't have facebook... but I talked to him through eBay, cell phone, email, instagram, via other forum members, and finally through an intermediary at paypal. He was quick to respond until he wasn't. Good luck.

Justin Turner

'74 Malaga