• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap upgrade on my 02.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

1: replace 80w90 hypoid oil with atf oil, result is smoooooooth shifting.

2: replace a bad door brake, result is it removed a ratle into the door, and the funny thing is that it seems to close and latch easier with the clunk we all likes

3: remold my exhaust braket at the transmission, made of super heavy metal. It have to be either ultra stiff or on rubber, i already tryed the rubber way, too noisey and vibey. Now the car feels a lot more quiet, most of the bad vibes are gone.

4: replace the brand x oil with some mobil 1 15w50 synt, result is turbo spools 500rpm sooner.

There is good day and bad day...

Pat Allen

Guest Anonymous

Mobil One is the correct way to keep a motor clean and free from the disgusting varnish... As for ATF tranny oil, it will shift smoother but tyhe tranny will be noisier. That oil is thinner.

Guest Anonymous

Door brakes make your car feel like it's new. The number one 'feels good' upgrade. After you put new ones in, you wonder, gee why didn't I do this the day I bought the car!!!!

---------

BigDog

'76 2002

Guest Anonymous

Maybe you will not believe me, but do you remember when we went to Lime rock, my oil cooler started to leak as hell and i lost all my oil and splashed the windshield of Pierre's Ti ??

I filled up the engine after the repair with the first oil available at the gas station before we went for dinner...that is my brand x oil, i didnt runned the car that much often since this event !!!!

I am something like neglecting this engine a lot, i am rebuilding a newer one, and i know this one is on its last milles, i will never rebuild it. The crankshaft is oval, the block is too much oversize, and so on...

Pat Allen

Guest Anonymous

diffs and hypoid (curved tooth) gears as found in diffs. I've heard hypoid oil is not good for brass synchros...

I swear by redline MTF in my tranny...good stuff.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

Yes, i think it was hypoid oil, the same that i have put into my lsd...when you dont know something, you dont know it, thats it !!

The transmission feels happy, no surprising noise either, just a very good shifting with the ATF.

Pat Allen