• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone ever restitch a 320is steering wheel?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i got a great deal on a 320is steering wheel, and the only problem is about half of the steering wheel cover stitching is gone, meaning the leather cover peels back. has anyone ever repaired this themselves or had it done?

Guest Anonymous

Carl,

Just had this done, myself.

The stitch put in wasn't an exact reproduction, but it's pretty damn

close.

$40.00 out the door.

Picked my wheel up at a Pick 'a' Fart too.

$10.00 for the wheel and horn assembly.

"Not too shabby."

Feels great.

- Ken

'76'02

Guest Anonymous

...that had no leather left so I ordered a Wheelskins from Bavarian Autosport. I think it was around $40. Followed the instructions and it was easy, looked great. Just saw that very wheel on another 2002 at the Mid-Atlantik fest, three years later it still looks great.

Maybe 40 minutes labor total.

Tim

'76 2002

ex-'75 2002

Guest Anonymous

Patience is the main ingredient necessary. Take your time and it will be like new. Order the "pre-sewn" kit, follow the instructions and the stitching will look like factory. Also, I had them send me one in the 'thickest' leather they could find, took a little longer to get. Their kit seems like the leather is a little 'thin' otherwise. Give them a call or email, you will likely hear from Alan Gunn himself, they have excellent service. www.aglausa.com No affiliation, etc. just a happy customer.

Ron Ayers 74tii