• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAD Models

I am sure someone else published a 3D model on here. I had a good search but couldn’t find much more useful than the above post. Unfortunately the old posts lost their links to the members so ‘Guest Anonymous’ is as good as it gets (and I don’t mean Daron). 

• Like 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Wow, that's one is an odd question. I had to respond. 

I think that your best bet is to do it yourself.  Depending if you live in a town with a movie industry, you should be able to rent a 3d modeller. In addition I am pretty sure you could find someone close that would help out in the car department.

If you want to make stuff for a BMW 2002, all you need to think of is NLA (No Longer Available) parts. This means only one thing, small batches of special high-quality parts with attention to finish.  

If you are looking for body models, spoiler kits and all that jazz... that is another thing altogether.  Because 2002's are getting so pricy, I expect the ones that are doing up a 02 to look like a race car(or be a race car), often have stuff custom fabricated to their taste or go with Jeff's stuff or others that have molded panels or body accessories. 

I could go on and on, but you get the idea.  If you want a specific answer to a particular question regarding if you should build something,  reach out through a private message.  

The nice thing about this forum is that the people aren't dicks.  I doubt anyone will steal your idea, as it is not in our best interest not to squash innovation in the 2002 community.

Regards

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

I had the same question, but only on a purely curiosity level before when I got a license for Solidworks through an industry contact.  I was so blown away by the power of the software and I was wondering if anyone had a SW model completed.  I love playing with Solidworks but I have a lot of other things to work on atm, I just can't devote the time to it like I would want to.  Please let me know if you find anything in terms of CAD files, Solidworks or not! :)

38 minutes ago, irdave said:

Several of us on here are on Solidworks.

I've been thinking about a 3d scanner- really because I want to make glasses for my wife that fit her, but still think it would be fun.

I suspected as much but I didn't want to single you, folks, out. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

Thanks for the link Simeon!

8 hours ago, Dudeland said:

Wow, that's one is an odd question. I had to respond. 

I think that your best bet is to do it yourself.  Depending if you live in a town with a movie industry, you should be able to rent a 3d modeller. In addition I am pretty sure you could find someone close that would help out in the car department.

If you want to make stuff for a BMW 2002, all you need to think of is NLA (No Longer Available) parts. This means only one thing, small batches of special high-quality parts with attention to finish.  

If you are looking for body models, spoiler kits and all that jazz... that is another thing altogether.  Because 2002's are getting so pricy, I expect the ones that are doing up a 02 to look like a race car(or be a race car), often have stuff custom fabricated to their taste or go with Jeff's stuff or others that have molded panels or body accessories. 

I could go on and on, but you get the idea.  If you want a specific answer to a particular question regarding if you should build something,  reach out through a private message.  

The nice thing about this forum is that the people aren't dicks.  I doubt anyone will steal your idea, as it is not in our best interest not to squash innovation in the 2002 community.

Regards

Dudeland, it's less about spending money to get someone to do it for me but more about just designing custom parts to my taste. I have modeled in NX over the last couple of years and was curious to see if anyone else had thought about doing the same and had beaten me to going down that route. It's much easier to start from a baseline design than to start from scratch.

• Like 1

In the same vein, I've actually been spending a lot more time in Blender trying to get an animated opening title sequence for a youtube project I am working on.  Anybody else mess with Blender?   I highly recommend updating to the 2.8 beta if you haven't already done so...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, irdave said:

Several of us on here are on Solidworks.

I've been thinking about a 3d scanner- really because I want to make glasses for my wife that fit her, but still think it would be fun.

A 3-d scanner would be awesome.  Do you already have a printer?

Someone please model and print a 2002 trunk emblem from a 74-76. I lost mine in its "restoration" my car returned with several missing bits. and no..I did not request a de-badging of my 2002?

I keep ordering it online, and then get "no longer in stock with no ETA." and a kindly refund. For everyone else, the 2002 emblem up to the 73 model year are still widely available. 

Cheers! 

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty but runs. Just like me. 

7 hours ago, Vicleonardo1 said:

Someone please model and print a 2002 trunk emblem from a 74-76. ?

The Roundel or the '2002?'

7 hours ago, robspeed said:

A 3-d scanner would be awesome.  Do you already have a printer?

Already have a printer- Lulzbot Taz6.  There are lots of choices out there- I wanted a tool, not another project...  Finally got a computer set up just for modeling / printing- it's so nice.  Thanks @Tsingtao_1903

21 hours ago, Dudeland said:

I suspected as much but I didn't want to single you, folks, out.

Man.  Started in Pro-E in school (I went to school late- too busy screwing around.)  SW is / was so much nicer.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

On 2/11/2019 at 10:22 PM, Dudeland said:

The nice thing about this forum is that the people aren't dicks.  

Oh, I wouldn't be too sure about that- Ray can get vicious when you push his buttons!

t

better since medicated

• Haha 3

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL