BoBlack

19th Annual MidAmerica 02 Fest Update

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

19th Annual MidAmerica 2002 Fest

April 25-27

Best Western Eureka Inn   479-253-9551

Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Please CALL for reservations - all remaining rooms are reserved for our group - online it shows the hotel is sold out.

If there is no answer, leave a message.  They will get back to you.  

There is a small number of rooms remaining.  When they are gone I will post some nearby hotels.

Thursday evening welcome get together.

Friday - drive, tech sessions, dinner sponsored by Terry Sayther Vintage Bimmers

Saturday - tech sessions, car show, tech quiz, awards, door prize raffle, dinner sponsored by the True Friends of Alex von Falkenhusen

No registration fee

www.midamerica02fest.com

We will soon be ready for online t-shirt (and other gear) orders.

In 2018 we had 02s from 22 states.  If you like 02s and 02 people, join us!

• Like 4

If you were there last year, you may already have a room reserved. 

Thank you, Bo, for the reminder.

It is well worth attending the19th Annual MidAmerica 2002 Fest just to...

• be in a 2,000-mile round trip '02 caravan,
  • see what a boffo show Bo and his associates and volunteers can put on...for free,
  • consume suppers to fill your pie hole completely...for free,
  • be near a full cast of '02 experts ready to increase dramatically your armamentarium of '02 knowledge ...for free,
  • experience HQ hotel breakfast spreads that will make your inner being dizzy with the white light magic of the Universe, 
  • experience a hotel staff which will go full throttle to make sure your gathering is superb,
  • participate in a prize drawing with seemingly 1,000,000 prizes,
  • enjoy consuming EtOH or other liquids in the shade while staring with wanton animal lust at that '02 which has a special something yours does not, and, of course, 
  • be as one with parking lots full of endless waves of '02's as each one opens all seven of your chakras and awakens your mental, physical, emotional, sexual, and financial approaches to your '02.

IMG_6436.thumb.jpg.e2decdac96453e0f98714bbb29fe274a.jpg
1603967803_IMG_64462.thumb.jpg.29ae43651496afdc99236ef371ac89f6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, 2002#2 said:

It is well worth attending the19th Annual MidAmerica 2002 Fest just to...

What he said!

51 minutes ago, 2002#2 said:

be in a 2,000-mile round trip '02 caravan,

And I'll be organizing my annual Dayton (and points east and west) caravan to Eureka Springs once again. If you've participated in the last year or two, you'll be receiving an e-mail from me in the next couple of weeks with this year's plans.  

We depart Dayton on Wednesday 24 April--those coming from points east, I can provide a list of nearby motels to overnight in Dayton--and if you arrive early enough, there's the AF Museum, which is a must see if you're a military aircraft buff.  As we proceed south and west on Wednesday, we'll pick up folks from Cincinnati, from Indiana at Louisville and Illinois folks further west.  We overnight in Paragould AR and then Thursday morning a delightful 2 lane twisty road through the Ozarks, arriving in Eureka Springs around mid-afternoon.

Our return drive on Sunday is a great two lane through southern MO, overnighting in Effingham IL. From there the IL and WI folks head north, and the easterners continue on east via I-70.  

PM me for more info; include your e-mail if you'd like to be included in this year's mailing list.  If you're an 02er, this is an event not to be missed.

cheers

mike

• Like 3

Our caravan is gathering at Kingsport TN on the evening of April 22.   We will be taking back roads all the way from there, across the top of TN over the Cumberland Plateau, across the TN River Valley with a stop in Paris to visit the Eiffel tower.   Then on across the top of Ark through the Ozarks and into Eureka Springs that Wed evening.    After all the fun we will visit our friend David Yandow at the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville o the way home.  

As everyone has so very well stated above, its a great time for all.    And you never know what you might learn from some of the very knowledgeable folks who come every year

And you might even get to meet the original owner of your Fjord 2002!!!

IMG_4298.JPG

IMG_5576.JPG

IMG_5636.JPG

IMG_6988.JPG

IMG_6974.JPG

IMG_4277.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_2769.JPG

IMG_2831.JPG

• Like 2

Unfortunately, the Orange Car needs significant suspension/brake work and other fettling before jumping into another long trip, and there's no way I'll get it done in the 3 weeks or so between the end of its off-site winter storage and Mid-America. Plus we'll have company from out of town that week...

I hate to miss it (again), but I hope everyone has a great time this year. Here's to 2020!

-Dave

Sent from my phone.

• Sad 2