• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cold Start Wiring Harness

2002#3

On 2/10/2019 at 1:23 PM, Simeon said:

If crimps are completed properly then there is no benefit in soldering them. The solder, as it wicks into the wire strands, actually cause a hard spot and increases  the chances of a fatigue failure of the wire outside of the crimp. 

It won't wick into the wire if you use a heat sink at the wire end of the connector, that alligator clip has more uses than just a roach clip, follow it with some glue impregnated heat shrink and the terminal will be stress free. Also use rosen based flux.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

11 hours ago, dlacey said:

For all those ancient Bosch connectors go here:

https://www.finjector.com/eng/

Nice project! Super nice crimping and I don't say that to everyone.

I'm looking for the thermo time and cold start injector plugs. The white plugs in the photo below.

Can someone point to the source? Is it the finjector site above?

Thanks!

JasonIMG_7659.thumb.jpg.9558f530423e29e9e8737e9e844b7f64.jpg

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, sunroof, A/C, 5spd OD, 3.91 LSD, etc. Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   --> If you need an Alpina A4 tuning manual, PM me!

Molex and TRW Cinch are manufacturers of connectors like  this . You might find distributors on line ...Mauser Electronics perhaps has what You are  looking for 

Edited by Mike A

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

10 minutes ago, Mike A said:

Molex and TRW Cinch are manufacturers of connectors like  this . You might find distributors on line ...Mauser Electronics perhaps has what You are  looking for 

Thanks Mike. I've spent time on molex and mauser but have yet to find them. Also, tried from bosch itself - they list a brand but no love other than this (sic):

Faston with receptable
1 224 485 018

So far my search has yielded zero results. 

I'll also look on the site listed above, they may be there.

Not urgent, but something I'd replace if I could. The terminal and boots would be a nice "kit" from Paul W. at Max, etc.!

Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, sunroof, A/C, 5spd OD, 3.91 LSD, etc. Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   --> If you need an Alpina A4 tuning manual, PM me!

I have both the white connectors and the terminals that go in them, also have the black sheathing, and the cold start valve boot   I am out of the 2 eared temp sensor boots at the moment       Only thing that I don't have is the black plastic terminal that fits into the relay      PM me for info

Thanks, Rick

2 hours ago, Einspritz said:

Please refresh my failing memory on the exact connector you are looking for.

I may or probably have them.

Hi,

The two white connectors on the original posters photos. They plug into the thermo-time switch and also the cold start injector. Two needed per car.

I don't know that there is a separate PN for the plugs, just a PN for the entire harness IIRC.

~Jason

1 hour ago, Einspritz said:

connectors, flat pins, and boots; straight or 90deg.

but will have to check inventory

want that fuel pump connector an boot too?

have to find what I paid......

IMG_5786.thumb.jpg.7e54ed4e70851886ac83e297bd931ef0.jpg

Great looking boots!

I'm looking for these as well.

connectors.png.aaf47ba0d9916374fb19ee0e1b0f7035.png

7 hours ago, JsnPpp said:

Nice project! Super nice crimping and I don't say that to everyone.

I'm looking for the thermo time and cold start injector plugs. The white plugs in the photo below.

Can someone point to the source? Is it the finjector site above?

Thanks!

Jason

https://www.finjector.com/eng/2_pole_connector_set_for_d_jetronic_injectors_and_temp_sensors-p-2564-39

spacer.png

Edited by dlacey
  • Thanks 1

'59 Morris Minor, '67 Triumph TR4A, '68 Silver Shadow, '72 2002tii, '73 Jaguar E-Type,

'73 2002tii w/Alpina mods , '74 2002turbo, '85 Alfa Spider, '03 Lotus Elise

7 minutes ago, dlacey said:

Thank you - I spent some time looking and could not find the right keyword.

Thats great, my existing connectors are cracked!

Jason

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, David Layton said:

i picked up a few items from Finjectors  I will be making two of these   I have wiring.  I need help finding the connector for the 6 prong 6.3 female clips that go to the relay  I am looking for source, mfg and description  Thanks

Thats great! I also recently bought a few terminals from finjector. Shipping was expensive so I bought a few extra, if anyone needs terminals let me know, happy to put some in the mail for what I paid for them.

David, if you find a source for the 6 prong plug let me know I'd love to buy one for my cold start test rig. Excited to see you building the wire harness!

Jason