• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Success! , success, sucess :) :) :)...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Stock pump was running out of adjustment for the amount of air being pumped, couldn't get consisten running due to the crank having too much play. Worked on the crank, eliminated the play and got a longer screw for the pump, yes a longer screw!, we are flying now baby! Sometimes the easiest solution is the obvious! For you purists, I know is not optimal or perfect, but it is a hell of a ride!

Didn't BMW also use the warm up lever to enrich mixture during boost?

Guest Anonymous

which begs the question, why haven't I install it yet? I am just trying to keep things at maneageable level, one variable at a time. The plan is to build a motor for it, later, right now I can't A4 it!.

I am thinking 284 or 292, 10:1, big valves, ported, then I will be closer to reach "full potential" LOL!

Guest Anonymous

but I'll put my 02 cents in now. The 292 is perfect for a street-use A4 system. Enough torque for real world and enough high end to go nuts. Chester Prudhome (who has one of the other Max Hoffman cars -- you met him at 2002 Fest West in year 2002) had a 304 and took it out and replaced with the 292 -- which he loves. The 284, I think, offers nothing on the lower end that the 292 doesn't do yet does not produce the same high end power. (Can you tell I have an opinion on this?)

Guest Anonymous

Rpm A/F

2k 18 (never drive there) was 10

3K 13.5 (good) was 12

4k 13 (good ) was 16

5k 16 (a bit lean) was 17

6k 15 (better) was 16

7k 13 (better, better) was 15

I can live with that!

How did alpina calibrated their pump? My guess is that they ran each car individually on a dyno or used an a/f analyzer, took the pump apart and reworked the curve. So it fit the car and it just couldn't be used on just any other car.

My idea is if I can somehow cam the linkage I can decrease the travel of the butterfly in the midrange, and enrich those rpms, then it would be purrrrfect!

Rob, the tii uses an enrichment valve during warm up (like water choke), it simply increases the travel of the little pistons that pump gas, the screw also can push on this lever. It is my understanding that on the turbos, there is a servo connected to the same, so when they boost the lever is pushed down too allowing more gas to flow, very engineous (sp?)