• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And we have turned 17.

steve k.

• Administrators

For those who were not aware, this site was started on 02/02/02 at 20:02 pacific time.  We have had some iterations of the software, but the idea has remained the same.  Gather 2002 owners from around the world into one spot for ease of sharing information. 

The Article section is here for anyone who wants to write something and leave it a bit more permanent and sorted. Blogs are personal project.  The forums are for basic communication. Gallery is for your photos. 

We have added many features over the years and hope you all enjoyed them.  Look at the menu at the top, you might have missed a few.

Enjoy another year!

Steve K.

p.s. we have a store

• Like 20
  • Thanks 16

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

Congrats Steve, it’s hard to believe it has been that long but at the same time it’s hard to remember when the FAQ wasn’t here. Keep up the great work. And thanks to everyone that helps keep our passion alive.  Just got back from a drive in my old friend, 44 years and 2 months together. 

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

As only a 4-year 2002FAQ newbie, I came to realize about 1 month in It's twue!  It's twue!* (see note):  2002FAQ it the most valuable tool in my tool box.  For that I state to Steve for the foresight and hard work to and all contributors Thank You for your help, sage advice, and wise counsel.  In so very many ways, you're the reason I have a nice 2002.

Larry

Note:  Thank you, Mel Brooks and Madeline Kahn (RIP).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you steve k. appreciate all you do!

Edited by adawil2002

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Holy Cow!  Seventeen years!  I too was getting a little weary of RoadFly so was tickled when Steve started the FAQ.  I think I was member number 10.  

After just short of a half century of '02 ownership, I still learn something new off this board almost every day.  And even better, I've met--on line and in person--many, many new '02 friends.  Thank you Steve for all the good times and good learning with the FAQ.

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

When I picked up my '74 in 2011, the FIRST thing I did was search the internet for a 2002 forum. Having just completed a concours restoration on an early mustang, I knew how important a good body of information was. I think I initially bookmarked 6 - 7 sites and one by one they all got deleted except the FAQ. As we say here in Ohio, the cream rises to the top! Thanks to everyone for their participation, it's helped me tremendously.

Greg

1974 2002 Sahara