Vicleonardo1

Need referrals. Restoration disaster.

3 posts / 327 viewsLast Reply

So my long and not cheap restoraton has supposedly been completed. Complete disaster. Too many problems to list. Looking for a place or places in the PNW that could give what I would call a "Post Restoration Inspection" I need a list of issues prior to possible litigation. 

I know of Patrick at Midnight Motorsports in Seattle. I may go there if I really need to. But someplace possibly closer to Portland would be helpful. 

Any references would be greatly appreciated. 

Issues:

It is running rough and pinging. 

occasional disturbing noises from the front suspension.

AC is installed and not working. Did a strange work around for the blower switch that was working perfectly when I dropped it off. 

Not sure if the engine mounts are correctly installed. Very interesting "Thunk" when I start it up. Also marks on my brand new radiator. May have been from contact from engine. 

Body work needs to be checked over. 

Interior work is also a mess. Missing trim pieces etc. 

There is so much more but I am getting too pissed off to finish the list. 

So someone that knows 02's stem to stern including Body, AC, engine, electrical, suspension etc. Would be helpful. 

Thank you. 

Any references would be great. 

• Sad 1

(edited)

Pete's Hobby Shop - (503) 682-7073

Boyd Motor Werks - (503) 232-1877

Edit: I'm in Troutdale (east Portland), we should meet for a cup of coffee!

Edited by slaviklungu

I’ve got my 69 at Boyd’s for the complete mechanical upgrade. Should be back next week. I can drive up with you or bring you back as I’m in Salem as well. They’ve worked on both my tii and carbs cars.

Carlos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.