• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOT But funny story with the 240z and my MG midget that I ha

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So, last week my teacher offers me his 71 Datsun 240z for a decent price and a horde of extra parts including a crack free dash, etc. Like any sensible yet broke student- I decide- what the hell- its only groceries, and I can hold off on the 1600 resto for a bit right? (Sorry guys..I'm going to do it RIGHT so it'll take time). But I had to get rid of my 71 MG midget which was sitting around taking up space in my cramped garage.

Then my teacher tells me in class how his insurance premium actually went up due to selling the 240 and it would be cheaper to let a car sit around, so I told him "well, my MG is on ebay right now..". Finally the auction closes- and who one? Yep- my teacher. Sure beats dealing with deadbeat bidders on ebay who have to arrange for shipping and such! Woo hoo! I get to trade in something that was fun, but as reliable as a dead horse for something that is a lot of fun like the 240 and far more reliable for little loss!

Guest Anonymous

My wife should be cruising past Cedar Grove any minute now on her way to Chicago. I am home with the kids so no working on the '02 for me.

Car is running quite well now. It's time to get cracking on some of the trunk repair work. Maybe tomorrow!!

Chuck

Guest Anonymous

..right now it's light rain. Earlier it was heavy. Before that it was torrential. We expect more severe weather tonight. It's unlike anything I've ever seen. I was on emergency duty yesterday/last night and I spent quite a bit of time in Mequon/Cedarburg fixing downed services. Wicked bad weather around here.

No tome for the 02 here either. I'm spending my weekend repairing my basement from disasterous plumbing issues-backed up main-big holes in floor-sewage, need I say more? The 02 is down at European Auto House. The proprieter is the father of the girl who drives the twin Mintgrun. He overhauled my injection system-way over my head. He did that stuff when the cars were new, so it's in capable hands. I'll pick it up monday if it's not raining:).

Guest Anonymous

congratulations! you will be spending much time enjoying

your datsun. The 240z are great cars, out of the box! You

now just need an Alfa GTV to complete the trilogy of the best

3 affordable sports car of the 70's

Guest Anonymous

Sorry... but I like to follow the selling price of MG's, Healey's, BMW's, Loti and other marques.

Just mainly curious that if I sold my midget what I might ask?

WH

Guest Anonymous

we should get the spouses together to prove that Deb does actually exist. I thought you were going to Ohio this weekend?

Guest Anonymous

Red02RearQuarter.jpg

just recently. It's a '70 or '71 (whichever was the first year) and is one

of those "Nissan Certified" pristine Zs. It belongs to a car nut coworker

who just handed me the keys at lunchtime awhile back. Damn what a

car! It's got all the right mods- bored over slightly, hot cam, big

Mikunis, unbelievable suspension... That thing was an absolute blast! It

had nice torque, a great sound, and handled like my autocross Miata

used to! I REALLY want one. Enjoy your new car!

>Davin

Guest Anonymous

would have been game, if I knew what a chick magnet that place is when I was single, I would have moved into one of their model bedrooms. Ohio is next weekend, I have Mini clearance for the trip even though Deb probably isn't going with me.I'm still in shock!