• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Last weeks project....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

2002dash.jpg

I didn't get around to posting these pictures, but I did a bit of "driver's view" work, which is always where I start on a car, since I look at that part the most! Anyway, my gauges were looking a bit sad, and weren't working (speedo stopped at 60.) Above is how it looked when I got the car:

So with a LOT of cleaning and a bit of paint, they look as good as new. Turned out the retaining ring had come off of the back, which was catching the speedo needle. Works great now, though I've only taken the car up to about 75. I also swapped out the late model sport wheel to an early model one that I sanded and painted (it was getting a bit rusty). The overall result is nice, and I think it works well togehter. What do you guys think?! (I think I'd still trade BOTH sport steering wheels for a real nice Alpina wheel, those things are perfect.) Here's some pictures:

newdash.jpg

newdash2.jpg

-Alan

71 2002

83 320i

78 323i

Guest Anonymous

It's actually hi-temp silver, with enammel clear coat. It's very easy to spray, and the best part about it is it goes on nice and thick without the metallic running, so you can get a good coat on things and not worry about them being banged up. Plus, it matches the aluminum trim parts on the dash as well, (heater controls, knobs) Now if I can get a carpet in there...

-Alan