• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool pics of today's work!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

P1010160.jpg

Blasting, blasting, blasting. Engine bay...notice my minty heater core patch, looks factory,nein? Oval patch with unground welds is a patch for the old AC lines (car came from Vegas). I'll be doing extensive welding/reinforcing soon, I'll post those pics when done.

Guest Anonymous

P1010167.jpg

URL: http://s94994139.onlinehome.us/gallery/SinCity-02

Scraping and blasting all that crap off the floor was a real pain! Took a good portion of the day, 400+lbs sand, and a couple pints of laquer thinner, not too mention much patience. It looks ok now, I'll be fine tuning the cleaning in the morning, along with removing that doofy-ass rear seat suppport. Between the engine bay and the inside I went through almost 800lbs of sand! More pics to come.

Guest Anonymous

uncaged_lisa.jpg

URL: http://www.livejournal.com/users/jennaishealed/

i did that once, to a '76 vw GTi, nee rabbit. we spent EASILY 2x as much time trying to get the sand out as we spent blasting it in, and ten years later when we sent it to the big car lot in the sky, it still leaked sand out of GOD KNOWS WHAT nooks and crannies we missed when cleaning it out ... I know you know what youre doing, but i dont envy you! ;)

-Rob (will never sandblast a shell again, id rather get MYSELF acid dipped!)

Guest Anonymous

what type equipment and blast media did you use?

I'm thinking about doing my MG next winter.

Guest Anonymous

the blaster itself is the standard type that you find in most industrial catologues, it holds about 100lbs of media.

Guest Anonymous

After all this hard work, you don't want residual sand to reappear when you spray the car. Remember that painting also involves compressed air, which is very good at reminding you that you did not get rid of ALL the dirt... All that shinny paint finish could be ruined by traces of dirt. So, spend an extra hour going thru all the crannies.