H E L P

Looking to buy my 1st NK

9 posts / 392 viewsLast Reply

Hello guys, I’m new to this NK series. I would like to find a running driving project for around $5k. I’m in TN so anything near by within 500 miles would be great. Please send me a PM.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Happy to hear of your interest in an NK. They are great cars in original or modified form, and you'll find a lot of support, advice and resources on this site. I would recommend using AutoTempest (https://www.autotempest.com) and saving a search. AutoTempest searches the web for multiple sources, including Craigslist, AutoTrader, Cars.com and eBay. If you are interested in various NK models (1500, 1600, 1800, 2000, etc), you will actually have to save multiple searches. I believe they are working to combine models in a single search but don't have that functionality yet. Also on their to do list is creating email alerts, so you'll have to visit the site regularly and search manually in the meantime. 

Keep us updated on your search and good luck!

Brian

Good morning. Thank you. I will look into that but I was really hoping that another user will have a running project they want to get rid of. I will keep everyone posted. I’m excited.

Thanks guys, I’m not familiar with early to late year differences but I’m researching and open to all years. I just like them because they look like 2002s with 4 door. The one in Portugal looks cool but it’s really not next door and one in Boston looks cool but too rusty.

6 hours ago, brbrian73 said:

Good thinking, but it's my understanding that he has decided to keep it. 

Keeping it and pushing forward on some of the metal work.

OP, they do come up and good luck, a much enjoyed car.

Patrick

You might have seen the 1800 that is currently being auctioned on Bring a Trailer. I'm not suggesting that you pursue that particular car, but one of the commenters, drffishman, mentioned that he has a '68 2000 that he is looking to part with. It's an automatic and something of a project, but he says it runs well. He also says that he would like for it go to "someone who will love it." That could be you!

If you're interested in getting in touch with him, you would have to add a comment to the auction and tag him with (@drffishman).

Brian