• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JANUARY SALE: Genuine BMW tii exhaust: $299!

wegweiser

Price: $299

Description:

Now that I'm back with Maximillian Importing, I've been exhaustively researching high demand parts in an effort to keep parts flowing for all of us 2002 owners. Checking quantities, cost structures, and all manner of details on the bits we all need.

With that said, (and with the permission of the administrators) I'll be offering a few internet specials from time to time here and the Facebook 2002 page. My goal is to NEVER carelessly spam my 2002 family on these pages. It's just not worth it. I've worked too hard and built too many 2002 friendships over the last 30 years, to start being "that parts sales jerk" now.

JANUARY SPECIAL:

Front and rear GENUINE BMW tii mufflers/resonators. Both pieces for $299.00 plus shipping.

Fits **ALL** 2002s from 1968-1975 with side exit system.
Rear muffler has correct tii "oval" cross section. It's what I run on my own cars after messing around with a bunch of other systems that didn't make the cut. I even ran this system on my old 2.2 S14 crank dual carb'd stroker motor. I like letting the intake do the talking. 1f642.png?_nc_eui2=AeGcbEtjGRzkIuD0zIuP-:)

Basic (HJS brand) exhaust mounting kit available for an additional $20.00. These contain nuts, bolts, rubber hangers, nylon hanger inserts, and gaskets to mount the system.

Why GENUINE BMW? It fits. Flows GREAT, lasts virtually forever, and never needs readjustment. Tired of hearing your exhaust go *tink tink tink* against the underside of your car every time you start or shut it off? This will fix it.

To order or to inquire about shipping estimates, please e mail Saul at classicbmwparts@gmail.com. For questions regarding this system or any other 2002 parts, you can always reach me at the same email address. Stay warm! The weekend is just a coupe days away!

Currently the Genuine BMW exhaust tips are NLA, but you can order an Ansa brand one for about $10.00 by asking for part number 82 11 9 413 970. 

Cheers! It's good to be reunited with my parts books! :D

EmatCarlislerear.jpg

Edited by wegweiser
  • Like 2

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

What are the part numbers on these? Realoem seems to show the same p/ns for tii and non-tii as far as I can tell. Is there a difference I'm missing? I've got a factory muffler (got the check the p/n on it to know exactly which version) and have considered replacing the muffler shop intermediate pipe and resonator with the OE piece.

--

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

9 minutes ago, Andrej said:

What are the part numbers on these? Realoem seems to show the same p/ns for tii and non-tii as far as I can tell. Is there a difference I'm missing? I've got a factory muffler (got the check the p/n on it to know exactly which version) and have considered replacing the muffler shop intermediate pipe and resonator with the OE piece.

Ha! "realoem"  = not the real deal. Loads of holes and incorrect information on that site. I trust it about 50% of the time. For anything older than 1992, it's dangerous and can be costly. If you use it to order a tii fuel tank, you will spend $1200 and receive the wrong part, for instance! That would sting.

I double check every 2002 part  number with old books and microfiche. Because accuracy and knowledge matter. The internet is a great source for information...except when it's not. 

Part number for tii specific resonator: 18 12 1 245 265

tii specific rear muffler (oval cross section) 18 12 1 108 739

List price for both, total: $428.00 +/-

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

1 hour ago, wegweiser said:

Ha! "realoem"  = not the real deal. Loads of holes and incorrect information on that site. I trust it about 50% of the time. For anything older than 1992, it's dangerous and can be costly. If you use it to order a tii fuel tank, you will spend $1200 and receive the wrong part, for instance! That would sting.

I double check every 2002 part  number with old books and microfiche. Because accuracy and knowledge matter. The internet is a great source for information...except when it's not. 

Part number for tii specific resonator: 18 12 1 245 265

tii specific rear muffler (oval cross section) 18 12 1 108 739

List price for both, total: $428.00 +/-

I knew it wasn't 100%, but I didn't realize it was that bad. I guess I haven't been bitten by the inaccuracies yet.

I'll have to crawl under my car and see which muffler is on there. In the event I only wanted the resonator, what's the going rate? Either way any exhaust upgrade is going to be contingent on how my money my suspension demands be spent on it....

--

33 minutes ago, wegweiser said:

This is Andrej G, yes? It's good to see your name again in the 02 fold! Still have the Screaming Yellow Zonker, I see!

Yeah, it's me - I took a little break. Still driving the same car, though it looks a bit different these days:

_DSF3413_Modified2.thumb.JPG.943d5254a04b6be6758cbf85ffd254fc.JPG

I like the name you've given it - too bad it won't fit on a vanity plate.

Good to see you around too, and back at Max. Just like old times.

• Like 1

--

• 2 weeks later...

Mine came today, or rather I picked it up from work today. Thanks again for the easy transaction, and also for the follow up call in case I needed help installing! Best customer service anyone could ever hope for. Appreciated it very much!

• Like 1

-Ryan

05/87 M3 Hennarot

04/71 2002tii Baikal