goodkarmech

Sold 1973 and later Heater controls with wire harness $40

17 posts / 689 viewsLast Reply

(edited)
Price: $40

Description:

Removed years ago and stored in heated garage.

These are the complete later style 4 lever heater and air controls and wiring to the heater box.

No cuts to the wires, ready to install and hook up.

I've already sold the face plates and the little black knobs.

Shipping will be extra, and I prefer to the U.S. only.

I take paypal (friends preferred) and money orders.

If interested pmail me with your zip code and I'll do a shipping quote for you. 

Thanks for looking.

Edited by goodkarmech

Evening Goodkarma, I dont think I need these, mine are Ok but tough to slide, can you tell me, what is involved to get at these things up under the dash, I am just about to install a new stereo system and I would hate to do a good installation and then next fall tear it apart to fix these heat / defrost control levers.  Do you have to remove the dash ? or can you get to them with a bit of work ? Thank you

(edited)

Hi Rich, 

If your levers are hard to move the problem is most likely inside the heater box with one or more of the flaps that the cables operate. In extreme cases, people keep forcing the levers and bend or break one of the cables.

Heater box comes out from inside the passenger compartment. You don't have to remove the dash but you do have to remove the console. It's also helpful to remove these controls without disconnecting them from the heater. The control levers are held on with two screws each. You have to pull the black lever knobs off pull off the Silver labels and then you can get to the screws. The heater hoses have to be disconnected and then there's only one bolt on each side holding the heater assembly up to the firewall. The heater unit itself is plastic and is riveted together the rivets will have to be drilled out you have to be careful when doing this otherwise you will get them hot and then the plastic will melt. It's a rather lengthy and involved operation and you will have to reseal the heater box and pop rivet it back together but it can be done. It goes without saying you should take care of all of this and replace the fan motor if it's bad before you put a stereo in because the stereo will be in the way good luck

Edited by goodkarmech