• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roller throttle bodies...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

will lose the tii equip andbuy their . . . their. . . their everything! down to the airbox (then work on making a C/F canister that looks stock =D

Guest Anonymous

Ahh yes the lumenition TB's.

Those are freaking expensive for not much gain. Get some EFI TB's or TWM's and be happy. Last I remember it was over 1500 dollars for the a pair that would fit in a dcoe's spot. The reason for roller's is more marketing than anything...though they reduce turbulence in the intake port. Also at higher RPM applications the valve to trumpet distance is so small that you can't fit a butterfly..hence roller throttle bodies (ie look at some superbike engines).

I'm currently working on a new manifold for my TWM TB's that will allow me to run a proper CF airbox over a tii booster. Won't probably look stock but will be pretty freaking cool.

-Bernard

Guest Anonymous

i have a really strong motor right now, with all the k-fisch stuff, i was thinking of just pullin it off and holding on to it, and going with itbs for driveablity and power reasons. . .

Guest Anonymous

transition of pedal degrees to airflow ammount and would probably

result in a smoother throttle application but not for $1500... atleast

not in my book....

Guest Anonymous

Dominic,

Uhh well I got my TWM's with a group buy deal. So maybe I paid around 600-650 for a set of dcoe TB's and the assorted linkage/intake bell horns, injector rails etc. You still would need injectors, high pressure fuel system, and a way of controlling the efi system.

Personally I commited to making a killer brute NA M10 street motor. I could have built up an s14 out of spare parts I have and put that in, or gone turbo or supercharger. I think it's more fun to apply some engineering to a 60's design and have it work well. Time will see whether this was a wise choice.

If you are happy with your current HP output then by all means stick with the kulgefisher (sp?). Tii's that run well are getting hard to find these days.

Drop me a line sometime (I live down in Irvine) and we'll get together as soon as I rebuild my rear suspension of my 2002...or I can take the e30 m3 out.

-Bernard

Guest Anonymous

The goal is to remove any interference in the flow path. Normal throttle bodies still have a throttle in the path (carbs have a throttle AND an auxiliary venturi).

Guest Anonymous

Those are the secondary injectors. Ie running 8 injectors on a 4 cyl. You can phase the two sets of 4 to taper in and out with RPM if you have a high end ecu.

The primary injectors are below the throttle bodies for a cleaner look (according to the specs and pictures I've seen).

Lee is correct F1 even today uses the injector the farthest away from the valve...needs to be due to air velocity through the inlet trumpet and the time the spray has to properly mix and atomize.

Check out the Ferrari F1-2000 engine cutaway

http://tinypic.com/24ci

-Bernard