Sign in to follow this  
JordanBbradley

Behr AC install help

5 posts / 290 viewsLast Reply

2 Questions for you guys:

My unit didn't have a mounting bracket with it, can anyone give me the width and height of one so I can fab one?

The Thermostat Feeler, where does this guy go? I have some rubber tube around mine, do I leave or remove said tube. I attached picture of the hole where I think the feeler goes. How much can I bend the feeler? 

IMG_2567.JPG

IMG_8913.JPG

I have a Behr bracket somewhere.  Will have to find it to take dimensions.

Not sure why the end of your probe is pig-tailed.  The hole should have a brass/copper tube with a lip at the hole opening and is pinched closed at the other end.    The temperature probe goes into that tube/sleeve.  Do not know if you can bend the pig tail back out.

(edited)

The sensor bulb is supposed to come in physical contact with the evaporator core or the ‘suction’ pipe coming from the core. Yours would have been wrapped around the pipe judging by its pigtail configuration. It would then be wrapped in cork tacky tape. 

Everyone seems to install all these into the core through holes in the case these days. Maybe get a replacement with an unadulterated capillary bulb and start again. 

Video about installation into evaporator core. 

Edited by Simeon