64FHC

72 2002Tii on Hemmings

24 posts in this topic Last Reply

I emailed the seller, and I might have been a bit casual, but I really, really think I wasn't rude and I wasn't trying to talk him off his price, and I wasn't putting down the car. However I did mention that I wasn't sure it was original paint, and this is the reply I got:

When you begin your inquiry doubting the veracity of my add I’m dissuaded from selling my lovely car to you. 
You may talk to “the guy” who was going to buy it at your pleasure but for your information I found him to be dishonest. 
I will not be sending you any information on my car and will not be selling it to you. 
The paint is original by the factory and no respray or overspray.   
Look elsewhere. 

27 minutes ago, mccusername said:

I emailed the seller, and I might have been a bit casual, but I really, really think I wasn't rude and I wasn't trying to talk him off his price, and I wasn't putting down the car. However I did mention that I wasn't sure it was original paint, and this is the reply I got:

When you begin your inquiry doubting the veracity of my add I’m dissuaded from selling my lovely car to you. 
You may talk to “the guy” who was going to buy it at your pleasure but for your information I found him to be dishonest. 
I will not be sending you any information on my car and will not be selling it to you. 
The paint is original by the factory and no respray or overspray.   
Look elsewhere. 

Hmm, sounds like a wanker. I take back my thinking this is a desirable car. (My hunch is it was resprayed).

It looks like a great car for $36K! Either look at it in person and buy it on the spot, for $36K, or find someone to do a PPI —largely to confirm the car exists where is claims to exist — and buy it for $36K. This is not a seller who is going to be impressed by a knowledgeable or sophisticated buyer.

I’d guess that this car, VIN 2761250, was built on or just after March 23, 1972 (VIN 2761248, also an Inka tii, was manufactured on March 23, 1972).

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

10 hours ago, mccusername said:

....Me = buy the owner not the car

someone else = suck up to this old fart and get a good deal on a nice car

Hmmm...the age old decision: brains or charm?

Once again, charm will be driving that Inka beauty home....😉

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv