maxxfish

Wind up window issue...HELP!

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

The passenger door window on my '73 won't go up or down.  When I crank it, I see the regulator move up and down, but it doesn't move the glass.  I just found this little piece in the bottom of the door, about the diameter of a dime.  Is it the issue, and what do I need to do to fix?

Thanks in advance, Max

IMG_7296.JPG

IMG_7295.JPG

Look like the pivot joint broke on the window regulator. You will have to remove the regulator to confirm this and make a repair.

This fitting can be replaced by a new similar bolt from Mercedes. Someone on the form probably has the part number closer at hand than I do.

Otherwise new regulators are still available for purchase for around $275, so repair is definitely preferable.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

(edited)

One of the pivot points on the window regulator has broken off.  You'll have to remove the regulator and either try to  repair that pin or replace the regulator.  There are repair kits for the pins but, if the regulator is very used, replacing it might be the better option.

MB Window Winder Repair Part.jpg

Edited by halboyles
  • Like 3

One of the pivot points on the window regulator has broken off.  You'll have to remove the regulator and either try to  repair that pin or replace the regulator.  There are repair kits for the pins but, if the regulator is very used, replacing it might be the better option.

10866077_MBWindowWinderRepairPart.thumb.jpg.8a9a69d43843aa2c1e4d6101fe847eb4.jpg
I think you sent me one last year and I used it to successfully repair my regulator. Thanks again!

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Drill a hole through the middle of that pin and put on a little bolt and some washers. Save the trip to the Benz dealer.

• Like 1

If you find the pot metal pin in the center of the helper spring is broken or worn out...drop me a PM.  I did a Roundel column on how to repair that many years ago, and will be happy to send you a copy.

mike

23 hours ago, Guy Cocquyt said:

I think you sent me one last year and I used it to successfully repair my regulator. Thanks again!

You are welcome!