Mike A

WTB: engine mount steel pieces

16 posts in this topic Last Reply

(edited)

I don't know what they are called and I can't find them in realOEM.  For the passenger side engine mount....I need the 2 steel pieces for limiting the forward movement  …..

Edited by Mike A

I remember a u shaped bracket that goes on the right side mount. Not sure about 2 pieces...

Do you have pics of what you are looking for? I have some mount brackets in a box at work and can look once I understand what you want.

Hmm. Could the mysterious part #1 be a feature of early cars, and have been discontinued later? What is its purpose? Was it rendered un-necessary by a re-design of other motor mount components?

Or, like the asymmetric filler rings for deep grilles, did owners and/or mechanics judge the #1 part to be “non-essential” and thereafter left them off after repairs?

Regards,

Steve

(edited)

I wonder if it was phased out when BMW changed the left side mount from round to rectangular?  Parts books should show that detail.

The original left mount on my 69 had already been upgraded/changed to a rectangular one.  The 72tii engine I dismantled (now in the 69) still had a round left side mount (as seen in these pictures).

8FF32273-203A-4798-972E-BF1BD0769884_zps

1BD76D86-F2D3-4CC5-9136-C66EA4928D72_zps

Edited by jgerock
  • Like 1

Once I get my hands on the company microfiche viewers (next month!) -  I'll be able to locate the exact date BMW chose to supersede the part number on the left mount. I'm not sure if ANY of the cars left the factory with this updated mount, or if it was changed as a replacement part, later on.

The re-issued parts books make no reference to the "old" mount part number and I only have volume II (no engine bits) of the original 1978 orange books...though that will also change soon, I hope.

I do see that a part number specifically listed for the round mount is listed on the bimmer.com website. Part number 11 81 0 151 625, although I'm not sure if that's truly the original number for this piece. At first glance, it appears to be available, though! Whodathunkit?

2 hours ago, jgerock said:

the elusive # 1 metal piece.

Perhaps it was only used for a time in (early?) production.  Or perhaps it is one of those parts that are taken off and left on the bench since you can't remember what it is for.  Sounds like we need to start a thread titled "Leftover Parts".  I know I have numerous bolts, washers, spacers, metal bits... that are orphans.

• Like 2

(edited)

So... I was going to place a WTB post here on Saturday for this part (# 11811101273.)

Didn't place the post after I saw this thread. I ordered that part from Max instead.

Today I got a refund and, after an inquiry, got a reply that the part is NLA and order was canceled.

I still need this part, any ideas?

Mike_

Edited by TVeye
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, TVeye said:

So... I was going to place a WTB post here on Saturday for this part (# 11811101273.)

Didn't place the post after I saw this thread. I ordered that part from Max instead.

Today I got a refund and, after an inquiry, got a reply that the part is NLA and order was canceled.

I still need this part, any ideas?

Mike_

Part number is for the limiting piece. Gotta be tons of folks in CA that have a used one to offer.  @shermanmartinez   

• Like 1