MildSeven

1 Series-2002, discuss.

14 posts / 1910 viewsLast Reply

The front end is the best of it. The rear, well, let's just say they lost the plot somewhere along the line. Really need to see a hardtop version of it, but I suspect no such beast exists.

The front end is the best of it. The rear, well, let's just say they lost the plot somewhere along the line. Really need to see a hardtop version of it, but I suspect no such beast exists.

Front end: A/A+
Rear: B-

When looking at the modern VW bug to the older bug design, I don't see where his custom shape is that bad.  A lot of detail in the Roundel article about what the builder is up to.

I agree that the rear of the car does not look as good as the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, MildSeven said:

Either you are an 02 owner or you're not.

In this case:

everytimer_eta02cabrio_retrofahrzeug_5.j

you're not.

Even if you buy as many meaningful number plates as you can get.

h

Blech. No-me-gusta. 

The proportions are all wrong. What they shoulda done is a body-graft of a 2002 onto a 1 series chassis, that way you've got the look, but modern running gear, power, and geometry. 

This was posted on here some time ago along with a video of them making it (well lots of Germanic engineers stroking their chins while they rotate random Catia drawings anyway). 

I like it. Interesting that my daily driver is a 1 series convertible. I don’t compare the 2 cars as they are completely different but enjoyable in different ways.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:05 AM, Danz3 said:

I like it. Interesting that my daily driver is a 1 series convertible. I don’t compare the 2 cars as they are completely different but enjoyable in different ways.

Same! Like it too.

Our 1 series is the "best" BMW we've ever owned. But I'm not going to cut it up.