nbristow01

UPDATE...RSherwood shipped parts

28 posts / 2570 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

On Dec 3 I sent him funds of $950.00 for a deck lid, driver rear quarter and 2 roundie tail light assemblies.  I sent PayPal as F&F (my mistake).  After much coaxing he finally sent me the tail lights.  He claimed the deck lid was ready to ship and the Quarter needed to be cut off and prepared to be shipped.  Still nothing.  I told him last week to either ship the decklid and refund me the rear quarter or just refund it all minus the tail lights, since I go them finally.  

His excuse has been that it is cold out so weather has been the issue (He is in NY I believe)  He should have stated this upfront and then let me decide to buy or look elsewhere. 

His last message, last Thursday, was that he planned to have the quarter panel off and ship all on Monday (this past Monday) or, if he could not get panel off he would ship deck lid and refund the panel.  I have heard nothing from him since and I see his last login, on FAQ, was Saturday.  

The kind side of me hopes he was not injured and all is OK with him.  The other side of me is a bit upset as I have an entire project on hold waiting on these parts and his lack of communication has been very frustrating.

SOrry to rant, but after reading the other thread about him (after I had already paid him) I am concerned.

I hope he does the right thing and either sends my parts or gives me my money back

Edited by nbristow01

I got my parts from him. I think he will come through for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I hope and I can delete this thread..I hate to ever have to post something negative...weighs heavy on me

It sucks. I’ve been screwed probably out of 2,000.00 from various people on this board, either totally misrepresenting parts or just not sending them at all, so I understand your frustration. I’ve totally changed the way I buy things on here now. No more friends and family and I want to see a lot of pictures if you’re new to the forums. Good luck.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, djminkin said:

It sucks. I’ve been screwed probably out of 2,000.00 from various people on this board, either totally misrepresenting parts or just not sending them at all, so I understand your frustration. I’ve totally changed the way I buy things on here now. No more friends and family and I want to see a lot of pictures if you’re new to the forums. Good luck.

Man... Really? What a bummer.

It of course is the internet, so you should always err on the side of caution, but a quick look at post-count, post content, and reputation should tell you a lot. Ask questions, ask for photos, and do your research for values and negotiate accordingly. There's a sucker born every minute, don't be one of them.

I've put a lot of trust in people to follow through on sales and haven't been disappointed yet, and people have done the same with me. I've even had people ship me rare euro parts for me to ferry back to the US on personal trips purely on the basis of trust. And I've operated in this way towards many on this board out of the same regard and never had an issue.

Karma is everything, but the days of leaving your front door unlocked are over, so do your homework and be mindful of the people you do business with!

• Like 2

It is very disconcerting to hear of yet another member getting screwed over by a someone looking to take advantage of  this  growing community.  It is amazing how anyone with a conscious can do such a thing.

I have been buying and selling here for a few years and happy to say many repeat sales and buys along the way. There a more than a few who have impeccable reputations and contribute regularly to the boards success by sharing their knowledge and recommendations. Seek them out and stay away from those who only post for the purpose of flogging parts. 

It is too bad that there is not a threshold that has to be met before posting  classifieds. I hope you get some resolve  to your situation.

• Like 1

Why do people send F&F?!?!   I have NEVER had someone question me about F&F and if they did I would pay the 3% more and take the hit.  Its that simple.  Its there for NOT paying for goods and services.  Why beeak the Paypal rules for someone you dont know?!?!  Pay the fee so Paypal can chase them down. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just a FYI, I sold and shipped a deck lid from my Agave 71 to a FAQ'r in SC.  Took me forever to find enough cardboard and package it up so FedEx Freight could pick it up.  It was in the Winter time as well.

Hopefully RSherwood will keep you in the loop on his progress. 

Jim 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrhone said:

Why do people send F&F?!?!   I have NEVER had someone question me about F&F and if they did I would pay the 3% more and take the hit.  Its that simple.  Its there for NOT paying for goods and services.  Why beeak the Paypal rules for someone you dont know?!?!  Pay the fee so Paypal can chase them down. 

Because I was an idiot...lesson learned for sure

1 hour ago, jgerock said:

Just a FYI, I sold and shipped a deck lid from my Agave 71 to a FAQ'r in SC.  Took me forever to find enough cardboard and package it up so FedEx Freight could pick it up.  It was in the Winter time as well.

Hopefully RSherwood will keep you in the loop on his progress. 

Jim 

It has been 5 weeks...in 5 weeks I think I could have chopped a tree down, made pulp and manufactured  my own cardboard LOL.  He should not have sold the parts and tell me "they will be shipped right out" if he can not do itl

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jrhone said:

THANK YOU!

Best wishes on getting your parts, I’ve bought and sold many parts here over the last 4 years without incident, I was a little slow to ship some wheels because they were still on my car but sent photos and communicated with the buyer so he understood,

I’ve bought over $6k from little to big parts with 100% delivery, but some did take a few months to get it all 

03B752BE-19B7-43C5-86CC-1B3DE8C2C447.jpeg.a881cf5ffb3a5d08f9393fc59e6c1c04.jpeg

I've shipped stuff for the last 40 years. Anytime I sell anything it's all ready packaged and ready to go before I sell. It ain't brain surgery

• Like 2

(edited)
On 1/9/2019 at 5:47 PM, nbristow01 said:

Because I was an idiot...lesson learned for sure

This was not directed at you.  I have seen this before in other threads and the first thing I think is why??  If you dont know them personally they are not friends or family.  That being said there are amazing people here and i have never been scammed where I didnt get my parts. There was the one kid that tried to sell the same parts over and over again and Danco made sure everyone got refunded. I wasnt worried i sent my money normal Paypal so i would have gotten it refunded anyway but Danco made sure EVERYONE got every penny refunded.

Edited by jrhone
  • Like 1