nbristow01

Early US Spec Tii Steering Wheel

3 posts / 368 viewsLast Reply

Price: $150

Description:

I was told this is an early Tii US Spec wheel.  If it is not then I am certain you guys, and gals, will beat me to death LOL.  Anyway, it came out of my 70 model.   Lots of pics, in decent shape I guess.  I would image it will nee to be re-wrapped etc.  Price is 150 OBO.  plus shipping.  First come first serve1373519535_wheel6.thumb.jpg.7ec69d29174398c2ea57226225f4dc80.jpg

wheel 3.jpg

wheel 4.jpg

wheel 5.jpg

wheel 6.jpg

wheel 7.jpg

wheel 8.jpg

wheel 9.jpg

wheel 10.jpg

wheel 11.jpg

wheel 12.jpg

(edited)

It is the U.S.-spec version of the factory and dealer option sport wheel. There was a supply issue in 1970 regarding the common plastic-rimmed steering wheel and many U.S. 1970 models consequently came with these wheels in place of the plastic-rimmed wheels.

There is no special relationship between the U.S. version of this wheel and the tii, the U.S. version having been introduced in October 1971.

The wheel will have a two-digit year date, on the reverse of the hub, if I recall.

There are multiple threads regarding these wheels, e.g.:

GLWS,

Steve

Edited by Conserv