Scottjeffrey

A/C Hobie bracket installation

24 posts / 838 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

I am finally installing my ac bracket and hit a snag. The lower left hole on the bracket sits over the motor mount bracket and uses its original bolt (plus washers to make up for the bracket thickness). My bolt was missing there when I got under the car today. Does any one know the size of that bolt for the motor mount bracket? Your help is much appreciated as I am stuck and have no supply of assorted bolts to try on it.

Best Regards,

Scott

Edited by Scottjeffrey
wef

From the instructions he sent me, it seems to be 8-1.25 x 20. You need two 8mm washers to offset the motor mount.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

Hi Cruzr, That bolt is smaller than the one for the motor mount bracket thats why the instructions list one only. Its for the lower bracket's forward hole. I think he intends for us to reuse the motor mount bot (missing in my case). I removed the motor mount bolt behind the one in question to see if it fit the front hole. I think it does but now I am in deep shit as the engine sank down while doing this and now my hole are completely out of alignment between the motor mount bracket and the engine. How do I jack up the engine from below (no hoist here) to try an realign everything. Shit. One never knows how difficultly an 'easy' job is going to go in this trade. Demoralized for the moment. How to lift/jack up the engine???? Any thoughts?

Recommend - Put a block of wood on top of your jack below the flat passenger side of the oil pan and GENTLY raise the engine back into position until the holes line up
Do not get too aggressive with the jack or you will bend something important.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you Sahara. I am glad to say it is all buttoned up and I didn't bend a thing, lol.

Best Regards,

Scott

hi - just put my bracket in today as well - have I got this correct? should washer go under this?

ac bracket lower.jpg

(edited)

HI Mosman. Is this your lower left bracket bolt hole? Does this pic help you? Note washers on top. This hole also includes the motor mount bracket between the block and the bracket.

post-35974-0-01475700-1453827656_thumb-1.jpg

Edited by Scottjeffrey

Thats what I did. Bolt-two washers-bracket-motor mount bracket-block. My fingers are crossed, lol. Good luck to us both :)

Scott/For Lauderdale

Two nuts, then. Good to meet you here. Are you doing the condenser, hoses, evaporator etc or just the compressor?

(edited)

The lot - replacing the bauer AC system + water pump, exhaust manifold + gasket, studs etc.

mines an auto -so extra fun with the radiator and cables oh and all the bits for the anti-roll bar ...

Edited by mosman58

Very similar here without the auto and its extra burdens. Sooner or later I guess. Best of luck to you.

Scott