Healey3000

e30 Airbox Installation - EFI Conversion

3 posts / 374 viewsLast Reply

Hi,

Inspired by Schnellvintage's use of an e30 airbox for his EFI conversion, I decided to use the same.  I fabbed up a bracket, instead of using e30 sheet metal like he did since I'm not too good at bending and forming steel. I used a flat piece of 3/16" thick aluminum and bent it at the required 20 degrees to fit the three support points on the lid.  Instead of the stock rubber isolator on the lower support, I used a 3/4" square piece of urethane.  It was easier to fab the support bracket from channel for this shape.  Three 3/4" long spacers allowed mounting to the fender skirt with M6 bolts, at the vertical portion.  All machining was done with a table saw and hand drill.  Drawing attached.

It isn't perfect and may need some reinforcement at the top because the fender does flex a little.  The intake is slightly occluded and won't easily accept a bellmouth.  Otherwise, it clears everything and lines up square.  After a lot of researching airboxes, this one seems like the best fit.  I hope this might prove useful to others.

One small step forward...

Airbox_Mounted.jpg

Attachment_1.jpg

Installed_1.jpg

Installed_2.jpg

Intake_Occlusion.jpg

Airbox_Bracket.PDF

• Like 1