Scottjeffrey

Happy New Year. A/C fittings

3 posts / 198 viewsLast Reply

Well my spal fan should arrive this week and its time to order my hoses and fittings. I was hoping to get some help regarding which fittings I will need. The new system will be using a Sanden 508 compressor and a receiver-dryer of the type picture  below. I have 10x18 inch condenser going in as well. My question regards the fittings. Am I correct that the connections at the compressor will require 90 degree fittings? Or is it 45? Can anyone advise me as to which will work best in and out of the condensor as well as the dryer? My evaporator needs are already clear, so no help required there. I thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards and Wishes For 2019,

Scott

VTA-07321-VUC_xl.jpg

Where are the ports located on the back plate of the Sanden? It they are coming radially from the top then I suggest 90 degrees if your hoses run low down or 45 degrees if they are higher up. If they are straight out the back then you may get away with straight fittings. It really depends upon where you are running your hoses along the inner wing and how much curvature you can stand to get onto that line from the compressor. 

• Thanks 1

(edited)

Just buy a  diy kit. You wont really know which fittings you will need until you get in there.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AIR-CONDITIONING-A-C-HOSE-KIT-FITTINGS-DRIER-BINARY-SWITCH-GENERAL-USE-RAT-ROD/311102874423?hash=item486f2d2337:g:SXAAAOSwT6pVpyui:rk:9:pf:0

My sanden 508 uses 90 degree fittings

Edited by Stevenc22
  • Thanks 1