dynosoar1

Can somebody identify this wheel marking

12 posts / 496 viewsLast Reply

Can somebody please tell me what this marking/casting means and says?  Looks like Alu to me...aluminum?  Please weigh in......sorry if its blatantly obvious but i have this on my 13s and also saw it on these 14" Turbines

20181231_190409.jpg

(edited)

I don’t know, but these rims are the factory OEM alloys for e21 cars. They’re not Alpina turbines, which were manufactured by Ronal, but Alpina-style turbines.

BMW Part Number 36111118306

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

It sez "Alot", like Jim Carrey's character Lloyd said to Mary "Samsonite" Swanson in the climax scene of the Cult Classic film Dumb and Dumber

Just now, golf73 said:

It sez "Alot", like Jim Carrey's character Lloyd said to Mary "Samsonite" Swanson in the climax scene of the Cult Classic film Dumb and Dumber

You left out "I like it...Alot"  LOL

• Like 1

(edited)

Alumetall Nürnberg 

Edited by uai
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Conserv said:

I don’t know, but these rims are the factory OEM alloys for e21 cars. They’re not Alpina turbines, which were manufactured by Ronal, but Alpina-style turbines.

BMW Part Number 36111118306

Regards,

Steve

It's actually pretty damn amazing that these are still available - like the early 02 alloys (I really need to get a set before they are NLA)! But you can't get license plate lamps LOL

@dynosoar1 I didn't know they made the turbines for E21's in 14" - unless they were a non-OEM make? 

(edited)

No OEM e21 14”ers were made. But is it possible there was an Alpina-style OEM rim made for the e30? I realize the bottlecap alloys are the quintessential e30 OEM alloy. I simply don’t know anything about e30’s.

But I do know that before the e21 was offered with the Alpina-style rim, it was offered with a 5 1/2” version of the late OEM ‘02 alloy (also known as the turbo-style alloy).

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

That's the manufacturer's mark.  Alu?  I don't recognise it, but, that's who actually made the wheel.

t

hates cleaning that style wheel.

On 1/1/2019 at 2:36 AM, uai said:

Alumetall Nürnberg 

Uli knew the manufacturer’s full name.

Best regards,

Steve

bkuz i kan no reed.

t

• Haha 1