64FHC

Help Please - need a pre-purchase inspection in Tampa

16 posts / 673 viewsLast Reply

Hello - looking at a 76 Mintgrun 2002 in the Tampa Fla. area. Have seen lots of pics and car looks good but I would like to find somebody local to it to have a look.

Would be willing to PayPal $300 for an inspection. Would need this to happen fairly quickly. PM or call 203-540-8923 Bob.

and I thought I had the only mintgrun in FL!

Jeez, if it still looks comparable to the condition it was for the BaT listing (and all pics of the rust prone areas look pretty clear) and the price is similarly good, I'd jump all over it, that was an awfully nice looking specimen that went for under $10k in my opinion!  Sorry can't actually check it out in person for you, but let me know if you get it and join me in the Mint-club!

• Like 1

The pictures look good, I see no rust. The guy that has it now has done nothing with it since his BAT purchase, car was not registered in Florida. No documentation on engine history/condition - he says its been rebuilt but the BAT description just says cylinder head was removed for overhaul. Interior needs work, the E30 seats were removed and given away - it now has original seats back in. Seller says bottom line is $10800. Might fly down for a look.

I hope to join your club:)

Happy New Year!

Could probably get it for 10K plus shipping = 10800. Then its going to need an interior, 4k or so. Unknown mechanical issues, 2k?? Nice bumpers, 1k. Belt trim/odds and ends, 500. Repaint trunk, detail engine compartment and undercarriage. Is it worth it?

2 hours ago, 64FHC said:

The pictures look good, I see no rust. The guy that has it now has done nothing with it since his BAT purchase, car was not registered in Florida. No documentation on engine history/condition - he says its been rebuilt but the BAT description just says cylinder head was removed for overhaul. Interior needs work, the E30 seats were removed and given away - it now has original seats back in. Seller says bottom line is $10800. Might fly down for a look.

Happy New Year!

Kinda why I posted that link.

2 hours ago, 64FHC said:

Happy New Year!

The current Craigslist Ad still shows the same front seats (cloth) that are not, I believe, original.

Thanks everybody - have an inspection lined up for Thursday, will let you know how it plays out.

Bob,

I’m very close to Tampa if you want another set of eyes on it.  

Brian

Thanks Brian - another forum member is going out to look, if that changes I will reach out to you.

bob