Tim of Capitola

Turn Signal missing cancel tab?

34 posts / 1558 viewsLast Reply

Worked to change the steering wheel to new one. So now I screwed up both turn signals, need to move the tab again.

Oh and the OMP hub adapter won't work unless I wrap the horn power wire around the shaft three times. Yeah right.

To tired and walked away for the night.  Wiring is not my forte. 

• Haha 1

A little research, I think I'm missing the slip ring on the column . I'm guessing there should be one ?

Picture of one installed anyone ?   Sorry if I thread hijack this.

13 hours ago, jp5Touring said:

I think I'm missing the slip ring on the column . I'm guessing there should be one ?

Picture of one installed anyone ? 

Do you mean the contact ring for the horn?  This photo shows the column and an e21 wheel I had installed for a while, before finding a stock steering wheel. 

105.thumb.JPG.fb0be5a2864decdf836d86d4f5920f91.JPG

( the pin is on the wheel in the 2002 and on the column in the e21, so it takes a little creativity to make the horn work )

the photo also shows the e21 signal tab... fwiw.

Tom

• Thanks 1

Tom, yes I think I can use the contact ring off the old wheel.  Old wheel was pretty cobble up to fit my car, but the ring is good. 

I just need to mount either a factory plunger and ring and I should be good to go. Will see if new plunger hub will also work.

Just not familiar enough with what a stock correct setup would be. He had a little aluminum bracket and some other goodies in there.

The the bottom plastic tray was broken to remove that piece on the column, so will look into a used one of those also.

Will get it just should have been a simple job.   Will be much nicer in the end. Again thank you for all the help.