Hudo's 1st 02

Unknown relay

8 posts / 403 viewsLast Reply

Does anyone know what this relay is for? It is located in the steering column. I recently dis assembled the steering column to change my blinker switch. Now, whenever I put the key in it makes this noise from the relay. It last the entire time the key is in and even after the car starts. I’ve closed my doors thinking it something to do with that, but it kept going.

A4A417FE-B292-4D12-BF2C-63FB5F19C2D0.jpeg

81DCD2A5-E930-49E3-A09C-C286A20AD04E.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Hudo's 1st 02 said:

Be right back !

Continues to make the noise. Thing is, it never made that noise until I tore down the steering wheel. Ebevrything is back together and still makes the noise

That's the "key in ignition" warning buzzer.  Most have been disconnected and deposited in neighbor's pool by now; you have disturbed yours from its long slumber and now you must do the same.  

Remove the push button switch on the driver's doorframe; you'll notice it has two wires.  One energizes that blasted buzzer while the other lights the dome light.  Temporarily connect a ground wire to the switch body 'till the dome light illuminates, then pull one wire.  If the light goes out, you have the wrong wire.  Pull the other one off and the buzzer should stop.  Tape the wire's end, poke it back in the hole from whence it emerged and reinstall the switch.  That should do it.  If not, let us know--or simply remove the buzzer and tape up the wires.

mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought it was the seatbelt buzzer. But maybe there were two...

IMG_20181229_192225088.jpg