• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Received my Harbor Freight aluminum jack. Surprise.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

When I opened the box, it looked so nice. All shiny anodized aluminum. Except that it looked smaller than the one I used to work with at the track (borrowed from a friend). Okay, so it looks smaller. Maybe it is just me. Oh, and it is much lighter! Hmmm, could they have changed the specs. so, I tried it and raising the car takes less effort than the older model. But it takes more pumps...

Am I on drugs or what? So, I checked the manual that came with the jack and start reading. The new jack takes 13 pumps vs 6 pumps. It now weights 24 lbs vs 35.

The old version raises to 17 1/2" high and the new one raise to 15 1/8". So, I went back to the Harbour Freight website and scupulously read the description and found things I overlooked.

They sell the regular aluminum jack and the quick pump jack. Different prices and different specs. Anyway I am very happy with what I haveé. Smaller, lighter and easier to carry around.