I'm SpaghetTii

pic request

16 posts / 804 viewsLast Reply

Yesterday, I received and installed a wood and brushed aluminum kooglewerks handbrake grip and shift knob, and couldn't be happier with them.
However, I could be happier with the steering wheel now that they are installed and the wheel seems out of place to me. I'm trying to decide what wheel I should go for (Nardi, Moto Lita...) but can't find any good reference photos of these wheels in a similar interior to mine.

Here is what ive got. 

384675408_image2(7).thumb.jpeg.7687b7e61174be6886e858ecbb5186f3.jpeg1249000916_image1(9).thumb.jpeg.b876ac7a55b48c9ce0c546b3ece3338a.jpeg

any reference photos from other faq members cars would be appreciated

I did. again, I didn't find them to be good reference photos for what I'm considering. Different interior color or a stock shift knob could change how everything works off of each other a great deal IMO, this is for the same reason that I don't think the stock wheel fits aesthetically in my interior after what I have changed with it, even though it matched everything else beforehand. That's why I'm checking if anyone could provide references more accurate to my situation than a google search did(blue interior, pre 74 gauge cluster, kooglewerks shift knob, etc...)

Just now, Teelinger said:

Found using the FAQ search box, hope this helps:

I saw that, thanks. But I only really found 2 pictures that were related to what I'm looking for, and only partially. Many had things off like tan interiors which totally changes how it looks relative to the same wheel in a blue or black interior. I'm just checking if anyone has something more specific to what I'm working with. It may be asking too much as far as how picky I'm being on these reference photos but I might as well try.

Why don’t you get a picture of your interior in something like Paint and then add in cropped pictures of steering wheels that you like?

It doesn’t have to be perfect. Just like when you get a swatch of paint to choose the colour for the whole wall. 

Nardi wood wheel

51D1799E-DFAF-4F23-973C-763B2C019395.jpeg

Edited by Mike G

8 hours ago, Teelinger said:

Found using the FAQ search box, hope this helps:

Hey that preview is my interior ?

OP - a wood steering wheel would complete the look for sure. 

I haven’t seen a “white anodized” nardi in person, only polished. Does the white anodized work well with brushed aluminum(on the shift knob) or does it seem out of place? I know photos can only tell so much in this scenario so I’m not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, I'm SpaghetTii said:

I did. again, I didn't find them to be good reference photos for what I'm considering. Different interior color or a stock shift knob could change how everything works off of each other a great deal IMO, this is for the same reason that I don't think the stock wheel fits aesthetically in my interior after what I have changed with it, even though it matched everything else beforehand. That's why I'm checking if anyone could provide references more accurate to my situation than a google search did(blue interior, pre 74 gauge cluster, kooglewerks shift knob, etc...)

perhaps find a wheel in need of refinishing and stain/finish it to match your knob. One thing to be aware of, what you may see online, may not be as accurate when physically paired with your knob. The best you could hope for would be "ballpark" matching, which may not be close enough.

I'll be doing the same thing soon. if I cannot get a matched wheel from who I bought my knob from, I won't bother looking at photos on the web, I'll just refinish a wheel.

Edited by joebarthlow

perhaps find a wheel in need of refinishing and stain/finish it to match your knob. One thing to be aware of, what you may see online, may not be as accurate when physically paired with your knob. The best you could hope for would be "ballpark" matching, which may not be close enough.

I'll be doing the same thing soon. if I cannot get a matched wheel from who I bought my knob from, I won't bother looking at photos on the web, I'll just refinish a wheel.

Fair point, I didn’t consider that possibility yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here's mine. Not the best angle but you can get the idea. You don't have the wood cluster to try and match which is nice, matching the gauge cluster was difficult. Knob was easy to match since I made it from scratch and chose the exact stain. 

02NardiWheel.JPG

• Like 2