VWJake

Import duties/taxes on WN orders now?

6 posts / 431 viewsLast Reply

I’ve placed 6-8 orders from WN over last 2yrs and until this last order placed a week ago I’ve never had to pay an extra import duty/tax. It was an additional $46 on an $1100US order. I wasn’t notified of the additional charge until the package went through customs after it had landed in the states. 

Has as anyone else experienced an additional charge lately? Do we thank OPUS for this new expense or was this an anomaly? WN had no idea what the extra charge may have been.

Puzzled-

Jake

I think, please correct me if I am wrong, but there is a threshold dollar amount that they either give you a "pass" on or the retailer simply picks up. I buy alot of bike parts, varying in price, from overseas vendors and have noticed over $800 I often get a bill for import duties.

I could be way off...

Dave.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My experience is somewhat different. Lately I have placed a couple of orders in the last few weeks and had them delivered to my US address NO duty , just the shipping on sizeable order (< 500).

I also just exported German parts into US and paid no duty ..... so strange they are now subject to duty charges, unless new  versus old is the kicker.

May I be so bold. THANK you DoNaLd.

News came through the sewer last week (email)

At this point I’ll vote for Michelle 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 10:33 AM, Martin Cote said:

That’s nothing count your self lucky here in Canada is crazy I had a order of 2000$ and I paid 300$ in fees coming from customs

Interesting. I thought the tariffs started in 2019. Are you sure those were tariffs and not duty?