• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introduction...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi all,

I want to introduce myself to this board...

I owned a Riviera '71 sunroof for about 10 years, and have been without for the last 4. I have an e36 M3 with 49k, but it is my '02 that I think about constantly.

I finally purchased a verona '68 non-sunroof...OVER E-BAY! I have never done that before, but the vibe seemed right, and i figure it is a thoughtful gamble. I have been waiting for it to be delivered across country for a few weeks already, and should take delivery within the next few days. Needless to say i am very excited and a bit nervous to verify the reality of its condition (no rust?...maybe!).

I was waiting until delivery to make my presence known on this board, but as I have been lurking for a while now, I figure the time is right to share my experience with all of you supportive '02 fans. It is so nice to have an internet resource for 2002s. When I owned my last one, no such resource existed.

I look forward to chatting with you all...

Sincerely,

David K

Guest Anonymous

BTW--what's the VIN on your '68? We're always looking to see who has the earliest one (US 2002s began with VIN 1660001)

Cheers

Mike

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2471520057&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

Wow...you guys are even cooler than I thought. ;)

The VIN is 1661218 (I already checked the registry, and will join it soon)

The link to the auction is above, so you can check it out. Not much info there I'm afraid.

I AM in Portland, Mark, and I joined the PNW2002 list serve. Thanks. I have been aware of the get togethers (you have a dog?), and am just waiting for the arrival of the little one ('02)before I show up.

I will be sure to post pics once it arrives and I have had a chance to look it over carefully.

Thanks everyone for the incredible welcome...just like the '02 community I remember from way back!

Take it easy...

Guest Anonymous

It was recently in MD, but owned for 20+ years by previous owner somewhere else back East...anyone?