Erik D_lux

Rsherwood Buyer beware!

49 posts / 2309 viewsLast Reply

32 minutes ago, Coastalcrush408 said:

Mirror looks like shit. Buyer send the mirror back, seller refund the dude. Bunch of newbs on the site squabbling over 10 bucks or less! 

Merry Christmas.

You would take your own advice I assume?

Next time somebody sends you an items thats defective or not as described and you will be suggesting that you pay for return shipping?

BTW, it would be $16.35. Not $10 or less.

2 minutes ago, Freude am Fahren said:

I don’t see the problem here. He sold you something. If you don’t like it and want a refund you are responsible for shipping it back at your cost. It’s the cost of doing remote business. 

I guess I disagree with you then?

Its not simply that I dont like it, its not as advertised.  Its defective and does not work.  Its broken.  If he had told me that it had all these issues, thats a different story.  Plus, my big issue is that I am pretty sure he knew of these issues before shipping.  Thats the part that makes me angry.  He wasted our time.

Its common for the seller to pay for shipping costs back to them.  Ebay, Amazon, Paypal and many others require sellers to pay return shipping when the item is not correctly advertised.

Anyway, its in Paypals hands.  Whatever they choose is fine with me.  It will be interesting to see how it works out.  My guess is that he will pay return shipping on their demand but I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Erik D_lux said:

You would take your own advice I assume?

Next time somebody sends you an items thats defective or not as described and you will be suggesting that you pay for return shipping?

BTW, it would be $16.35. Not $10 or less.

You are buying something sight unseen from a person that has been on this forum for literally less than a month. Do your do diligence before hand to make sure that you are getting exactly what you looking for. Anytime someone has to remove something from a car you it has a chance of being damaged. I always ask for photos of the item removed from the vehicle before I commit to anything. You run the risk of individual people selling you crap over the internet. He's not Walmart or Nordstrom's (satisfaction guaranteed). If you want that buy from an actual business. The dude is willing to refund you the money, send it back and take it as a lesson learned. 16 bucks is a sandwich and a cold beer, eat ramen and drink water for a meal you'll make it through this.

Edited by Coastalcrush408

2 minutes ago, Coastalcrush408 said:

You are buying something sight unseen from a person that has been on this forum for literally less than a month. Do your do diligence before hand to make sure that you are getting exactly what you looking for. Anytime someone has to remove something from a car you it has a chance of being damaged. I always ask for photos of the item removed from the vehicle before I commit to anything. You run the risk of individual people selling you crap over the internet. He's not Walmart or Nordstrom's (satisfaction guaranteed). If you want that buy from an actual business. The dude is willing to refund you the money, send it back and take it as a lesson learned.

You didnt answer my question though.  Are you willing to take the same advice for no reason?  Doubt it.

I have been in these sort of discussions too much lately.  It gives me little faith in society when you cant trust people and on top of that the bigger problem is there are a bunch of people like you or others in this thread just willing to dismiss it and take it as a way of life.  This is not what life should be and should not be deemed acceptable IMO.

Dude made a mistake.  Whether or not he knew it is not even the question.  He sold something as good and its not.  Its plain and simple.

People should have morals and stand up for their mistakes.  If you make a mistake, its NOT OK to make others pay for your mistakes!  

I just sent a 245 to a guy.  I told him the brutal truth about it.  Did I risk losing the sale?  For sure but I had to be honest for mine and his own good.  What if he got it and there were issues that I didnt tell him about?  Should I really expect him to pay $100 to send it back?  No, come on.  I would take care of it because I was the dumb ass that either forgot or didnt know.  

This is or should be common sense but common sense isnt so common anymore, right?  Thats why we have services such as Paypal to protect us.

I just wanted to comment and say I bought $1300 parts from rsherwood, which I paid via friends & family on paypal. Everything was either the way described or better condition. Very responsive on messages and quick shipping turnaround time. I’m happy with the things I got from him. Erik cut him some slack and send him the part back for a refund. $16 dollars you’re fighting about ! 

for 16 bucks? I'd eat it and move on. You've spent all day on a forum replying to strangers about a 16 dollar issue and you'll spend more time with paypal and more time with the buyer. for what in the end? return shipping? To me, thats a waste of time. Anytime I buy anything off the internet in the back of my head I know I could be out the money I've sent to some stranger. I definitely wouldn't buy something off a guy that has no rapport on this forum, joined Nov 21st. 

Anyway dude, do you! Cool e21 build, I've seen it on bimmerforums.

5 minutes ago, Coastalcrush408 said:

for 16 bucks? I'd eat it and move on. You've spent all day on a forum replying to strangers about a 16 dollar issue and you'll spend more time with paypal and more time with the buyer. for what in the end? return shipping? To me, thats a waste of time. Anytime I buy anything off the internet in the back of my head I know I could be out the money I've sent to some stranger. I definitely wouldn't buy something off a guy that has no rapport on this forum, joined Nov 21st. 

Anyway dude, do you! Cool e21 build, I've seen it on bimmerforums.

Thanks!

Oh, and yeah, I am wasting my time on here but if you have not figured it out  by now, I am hard headed when it comes to morals.  I dont move an inch.  LOL.

BTW, youre wasting your time in this thread for $0.  LOL

3 hours ago, Erik D_lux said:

Thinking about it.... maybe youre right?  In this situation, he is still claiming the part is "very fair" or "good condition".  Maybe he believes it is?

I mean, there has to be a standard to which we all use, right? 

the well established standard is and has been it is your risk...it is your responsibility to ask enough questions to satisfy your urge to buy, once you've satisfied that urge, you own it...

stop crying like a baby because you got what you bought

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Erik D_lux said:

Thanks!

Oh, and yeah, I am wasting my time on here but if you have not figured it out  by now, I am hard headed when it comes to morals.  I dont move an inch.  LOL.

BTW, youre wasting your time in this thread for $0.  LOL

He’s wasting his time on working on getting that hard head cracked. 🥚