• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale (Not Mine) Craigslist

jackhossross

[mention=53605]jackhossross[/mention] You saw that one on the Denver CL, with a turbo, that 'just needed to be sorted out?'  There are a couple around here- they come up every once in a while.

And for the love of everything hole-y, I hope you're not talking about CO's BMW in Loveland.  Their parts guys (Jason in particular) are good, but the place as a whole?  No way.

And welcome.

SCR Performance - really love those guys up there.

I did see it but wasn’t serious about buying yet. Appreciate the welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 4 weeks later...

FINALLY, a month later, I got the car late last night!!! ??

It was a bit painful to get the car here to be honest. So here's the recap (apologies for the length, feel free to skip to the end)

After the $1k deposit I made back on the 12/12, the owner/operator of Vintage Sportscar Restorations (Freddie) agreed to deliver the car to Mountain View, CA  a week later for $150 to help with gas. He was headed there to pick up a Porsche for a customer. However was not willing to schedule specifics until I sent him the full amount of asking price.

So, I get a cashiers check ($15) and I overnight FedEx ($55) to get it to him. After it's sent, I ask if he wouldn't mind splitting the shipping fee - tells me he didn't needed overnight. ? Now I'm starting to feel about nervous, and mostly like an idiot. But ok, not the end of the world.

Week goes by.... says plans have changed! (WHAT!) and that he could deliver until the first week in Jan, but not in Mountain View, out in Martinez. ok... still not the end of the world. I can wait an extra week.

Meanwhile he tells me that the rear turn signal needs to be fixed bc its not working. Agrees to fix it. Good! Awesome!

I ask about the tear in the passenger seat, noticed in a photo... says it's fine. I ask for detailed photos.. tells me "oh its actually very bad". Great, another thing to spend money on. lol. okie dokie, no worries.

I ask about the rust near the sun roof (that he never sent photos of), that I found in the BaT auction photos. Says its been covered up, not a lot of work to fix. Ok? I guess I'll take his word for it.

Another week goes by. I ask him to send me the title (why I didn't ask for it before is beyond me).  Says he'd rather hold it so if he gets pulled over with the car he can show evidence. (Don't know why you'd need that). Ok, fine. Not going to argue.

Now it's been two-ish weeks and about to be the day of delivery and he tells me - hey I need to bring a porsche down, also helps with his gas money (???). Tells me to fly in and drive it down to SF from Medford, OR if I want it sooner. Keep in mind, he has all of my money, plus gas money, hasn't shown me if the taillight has been fixed (even after asking for video). At this point I don't want to spend more money and don't have the time. Let alone the snow and rain hitting the mountain passes connecting OR and CA all the way through Mount Shasta.

I tell him... ok fine, I can wait. ANOTHER week goes by, delivery is set for the 14th. I get a message saying, Porsche he's working on is not going to be done in time and that he leaves for vacation for a month on 2/17. It will be a long time before he can bring me the car, so I need to either fly in or get a truck. Flights are now about $300 to get into medford, let alone cost for Taxi/Lyft to and from the airports.

I go with the truck option - bc you know.. snow, etc. Cheapest rate I could get $600. He agrees to send me back the $150. I get same day delivery, title in the mail. AWESOME.

I find out from the truck driver that they had to jump the car and the e-brake is not functional ?. After push starting it two or three times, got it going and to my surprise it did not have a drop of gas in the tank. The car is now stuck a few blocks away from my home, had to walk in the rain and get a gallon of gas another mile away. A friend helped me jump it this morning with his car, but even after letting it run and charge up the battery does not seem to hold a charge. Hopefully it's not an alternator issue. Still not the end of the world.

I send a message to Freddie (seller) about the above, and tells me its a 60 year old car and I should expect to fix things on it and to put 91 in it (ok thanks). I'm a tad bummed by his response since I felt I gave him plenty of time, did everything he asked as it related to sending him money, yet he didn't seem to hold up any of his promises. He did tell me to send him the invoice for the e-brake. Look, I'm not mad at him, just wish he was up front and honest about everything. I would have also gotten the car at least 2-3 weeks sooner as well.

Now lets see what happens with registration. Title looks to be missing a signature and dated 05/2016??? Apparently the owner lives in Europe now? Will keep you posted!

50485389_684215481980180_5824817290872356864_n.jpg

unnamed.jpg

• Sad 1

FINALLY, a month later, I got the car late last night!!! [emoji7][emoji24]

It was a bit painful to get the car here to be honest. So here's the recap (apologies for the length, feel free to skip to the end)

After the $1k deposit I made back on the 12/12, the owner/operator of Vintage Sportscar Restorations (Freddie) agreed to deliver the car to Mountain View, CA  a week later for $150 to help with gas. He was headed there to pick up a Porsche for a customer. However was not willing to schedule specifics until I sent him the full amount of asking price.

So, I get a cashiers check ($15) and I overnight FedEx ($55) to get it to him. After it's sent, I ask if he wouldn't mind splitting the shipping fee - tells me he didn't needed overnight. [emoji43] Now I'm starting to feel about nervous, and mostly like an idiot. But ok, not the end of the world.

Week goes by.... says plans have changed! (WHAT!) and that he could deliver until the first week in Jan, but not in Mountain View, out in Martinez. ok... still not the end of the world. I can wait an extra week.

Meanwhile he tells me that the rear turn signal needs to be fixed bc its not working. Agrees to fix it. Good! Awesome!

I ask about the tear in the passenger seat, noticed in a photo... says it's fine. I ask for detailed photos.. tells me "oh its actually very bad". Great, another thing to spend money on. lol. okie dokie, no worries.

I ask about the rust near the sun roof (that he never sent photos of), that I found in the BaT auction photos. Says its been covered up, not a lot of work to fix. Ok? I guess I'll take his word for it.

Another week goes by. I ask him to send me the title (why I didn't ask for it before is beyond me).  Says he'd rather hold it so if he gets pulled over with the car he can show evidence. (Don't know why you'd need that). Ok, fine. Not going to argue.

Now it's been two-ish weeks and about to be the day of delivery and he tells me - hey I need to bring a porsche down, also helps with his gas money (???). Tells me to fly in and drive it down to SF from Medford, OR if I want it sooner. Keep in mind, he has all of my money, plus gas money, hasn't shown me if the taillight has been fixed (even after asking for video). At this point I don't want to spend more money and don't have the time. Let alone the snow and rain hitting the mountain passes connecting OR and CA all the way through Mount Shasta.

I tell him... ok fine, I can wait. ANOTHER week goes by, delivery is set for the 14th. I get a message saying, Porsche he's working on is not going to be done in time and that he leaves for vacation for a month on 2/17. It will be a long time before he can bring me the car, so I need to either fly in or get a truck. Flights are now about $300 to get into medford, let alone cost for Taxi/Lyft to and from the airports.

I go with the truck option - bc you know.. snow, etc. Cheapest rate I could get $600. He agrees to send me back the $150. I get same day delivery, title in the mail. AWESOME.

I find out from the truck driver that they had to jump the car and the e-brake is not functional [emoji1787]. After push starting it two or three times, got it going and to my surprise it did not have a drop of gas in the tank. The car is now stuck a few blocks away from my home, had to walk in the rain and get a gallon of gas another mile away. A friend helped me jump it this morning with his car, but even after letting it run and charge up the battery does not seem to hold a charge. Hopefully it's not an alternator issue. Still not the end of the world.

I send a message to Freddie (seller) about the above, and tells me its a 60 year old car and I should expect to fix things on it and to put 91 in it (ok thanks). I'm a tad bummed by his response since I felt I gave him plenty of time, did everything he asked as it related to sending him money, yet he didn't seem to hold up any of his promises. He did tell me to send him the invoice for the e-brake. Look, I'm not mad at him, just wish he was up front and honest about everything. I would have also gotten the car at least 2-3 weeks sooner as well.

Now lets see what happens with registration. Title looks to be missing a signature and dated 05/2016??? Apparently the owner lives in Europe now? Will keep you posted!

50485389_684215481980180_5824817290872356864_n.thumb.jpg.4a7b9330043ff15cf19e80fd415d4b12.jpg
unnamed.thumb.jpg.e091b62819f5ecced9bae7c7eaa1dbd5.jpg

Good luck man!! Will be fun to follow your journey!!

Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro