Julio

Sold BMW 2002 Engine Compartment Cowl Drain Hose

8 posts / 382 viewsLast Reply

On 12/11/2018 at 9:24 PM, Jbaumshelter said:

That was a bargain. Nice pickup!

Yeah, well ... there was quick communication. Prompt payment was made. And then a day later I get a note from PayPal saying the seller cancelled the transaction, with no message from @Julio. Perhaps he was offered more by another member? If so, would that be greed? Fiscally responsible? Fun to ponder. But to me, it’s not the ‘right thing’ to do.

We live, we learn. There are a handful of folks I don’t do business with as a result of this type of behavior (either with me, or with others), @Julio individual joins the list. -KB

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kbmb02 said:

Yeah, well ... there was quick communication. Prompt payment was made. And then a day later I get a note from PayPal saying the seller cancelled the transaction, with no message from @Julio. Perhaps he was offered more by another member? If so, would that be greed? Fiscally responsible? Fun to ponder. But to me, it’s not the ‘right thing’ to do.

We live, we learn. There are a handful of folks I don’t do business with as a result of this type of behavior (either with me, or with others), @Julio individual joins the list. -KB

That kind of thing happened to me on Wednesday. I posted a power steering unit on the forum for $500. Great deal for someone. Couple of guys posted that they would like to buy it. Next thing I know, I start getting messages from 2 different people that they are willing to pay me more $ than I was offering it for. I posted a message on the thread that I would not respond to these messages and sold it to the first person who responded for my original asking price. 

Some of you on this forum may remember a time when there was a set of guidelines pinned at the top of the thread that explained proper buyer/seller behavior. I really wish this was still in place. It's turning into the wild west of 02 parts. At the end of the day it's really the sellers decision but I think with a lot of new comers on the forum it may be a good idea to give some guidance. I actually contacted the moderation team about this but didn't get a response. 

• Like 1

I think it’s more nuanced than that. I can understand both sides perspectives, seller and buyer’s. Sometimes as a seller you post an item by mistake hugely undervalued. And then you get bombarded by emails and people trying to gain an advantage by offering more. It’s easy to fix your mistake by taking the best offer and citing the rules of capitalism as an excuse. I have been a victim of this. I bought a set of windshield gaskets only for the seller to refund my money because he later did some “research” and found out they were worth more than what we agreed to and I paid for. I felt it was a dick move but then again people are fallible and everybody makes mistakes and I have learned to forgive.