• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

replaceing a piller drain tubes

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a little bit of welding to do on my drivers side A piller and debating if I should pull the drain tube so it does not melt. But I am then wondering how hard it will be to get it back in. Has anyone done this..what do you suggest?

TIA,

Jake

70 2002

89 M3

Guest Anonymous

to reinstall you're gonna have to get under the headliner at the front to reconnect the tubes to the metal nipples that are part of the sunroof opening. And the headliner is tucked under the windshield gasket. If you're welding that close to the A-pillar, you're gonna have to remove the windshield anyway, so it wouldn't be that difficult. Otherwise, it would be a real pain if you weren't planning to remove the windshield.

Cheers

Mike

Guest Anonymous

My windshield is already out so that is not an issue. I already have the tube off the connection at the sunroof just wanted to make sure it wasn't impossible to get it back in once I pull it out.

do you suggest reinstalling from the top or bottom

TIA,

Jake