• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I really dont want to admit this...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am thinking of giving up my 72 02. I just spent a bunch of money to have the head rebuilt, and everything is working fine, I just think i've lost me looooovvvveee. Meaning... I dont think I want to spend the money to keep it going any more. I live in Minnesota and was wodering what people do with these cars. I know it is impossible to really price one out, but I was wondering if it is in my interest to part it out, and if so, how? Nate

Guest Anonymous

I felt the same way about my 75.( and my 71) I had spent a year getting my first 71 running. Drove it for a week and it was totaled by an unisured driver.

I didnt want to touch an 02 again. I was sick of them. Got me a VW. And now I realize how fun and simple a car the 2002 was. I traded my 75 and my second 71 for a project. I wish now I hadnt. I could have had a sweet 2002 by this time, instead I have a hunk of steel sitting in my garage with a burnt up 40 horse motor.

Find out what the 2002 needs to run, take it slow, and just remember its worth the work. If youve got someone local with a 2002 ask them if you can drive it. Sometimes you lose track of the goal, I know I did.

Keep the car

Andy

Guest Anonymous

roof.jpg

I used to have mine as a daily driver, never wanted to get rid of it cause i knew i would regret it like everyone says (never crossed my mind anyways :P) and then i wrecked it forcing me to get rid of it. I know have a '95 m3, which i love. Its a great car, handles great, TONS of power, leather inside, A/C (which is great for AZ). But even though i do enjoy driving it, its just not the same. I used to look forward to every time i drove my 02, even in the 120 degree summers there was just nothing like it. Even though it was slow, loud, had no a/c, and even when i would get so pissed off at it cause it kept breaking on me id still get a smile every time id drive it. Basically just really really think about it before you do give it up. However, if in the end you do decide to give it up, please let me know, ill be in minnesota alot of the summer and i might be interested in it.

Guest Anonymous

So this car has been with me for four years now. Just like Jimmy says, thats how I felt today about the car. I love it, and so does everyone. But it almost left me stranded again today (it is my daily driver, although I do have another new car to fall back on like today) I have always wanted to do something really really dramatic with the car, and the thing that keeps comming back to me is: Cut the roof right off and turn it in to a fair weather convertible. Yes, I can feel the hate coming at me now, but that doesnt really concern me because I do own this car. I do realize there are only so many around and this would be kind of sad to do to a thing, but the body is kinds funky anyway.... If I cut the top off behind the windshield and welded the doors shut from the inside, is there even a chance in hell that the car will be Ok to drive more than five miles per hour?? Will it fall apart and start going crazy all over the road the first turn I take? I know people have tried and failed to do this, but I dont want a soft top since it'll be in a garage anyway. Now that would be fun. OK, let the hate mail commence?!! The only other thing I would love to do with it is take it on a cross country guide with nothing but spare parts and some wits to survive with. That would also kick a##.

Guest Anonymous

Take it over to a friends house and lock it up in their garage for a month. See how much you miss it.