• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bet noone's done this!! (Before Pic)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

P1010116.jpg

Decided to get rid of the traditional heater core, too bulky and such. So, I cut out the old mounts, along with the raised lip around the opening; then fabricated the replacement piece, complete with the stampings to make it look original; then fit and butt welded the piece in. It looks even better in person! The goal of this part of the project is to have as simple an engine bay as possible, i.e. uncluttered. Plus as you can see I've already gotten rid of that pesky hood bar support. More pics to follow!

Guest Anonymous

P1010119_002.jpg

I'm relocating everything I can to the passenger compartment, all wiring (headlights, fogs etc.) will run either through the frame rail or through a custom wiring race inside the fender; pics of that when it is finished.

Guest Anonymous

P1010117.jpg

Pretty simple patch, at least after Matt showed me how to make it; no more ugly unused snorkel. That tow hook sitting there is going to be mounted from the driver side 'big bumper' reinforcement...Thanks Creighton! and that little channel looking piece is one of the heater core mounting brackets; just 2 spotwelds hold them on.

Guest Anonymous

Looks factory... I was planning on doing something similar with my

car because I'm in florida and heat is dumb... cept I was probably

gonna run a "vintage air" unit in the car for ICE COLD AC... my nose is

already cut out for larger radiators :)

Guest Anonymous

Why swap an M20? Everybody has done it. If I were you and had a shell handy, I would sweap a 2.8 M52 or an e36 M3 motor (same size anyway). That motor would be set back by 6 inches to help the weight balance. Now that the shell is still bare and not painted, it is the perfect time to try and fit, and cut, and reweld.

If you had an M30 motor , that would be cool. But set it back as far as you can. Too bad I am living far, I would be so glad to give you a hand, or two.

Make a one of a kind 2002. Why not flare it? If I remember you had a set of flares from the pile of parts you bought a few months ago.

Guest Anonymous

I want it to be unique, but I also want to get it done, it's been nearly 3 years since i've had an 02 on the road. For now I'm just putting in an 02 engine with a 38/38 but i'll have no trouble reblasting a perfectly good engine bay next year when the engine conversion happens; painting an engine bay is easy. I'll definitely keep those ideas in mind, and keep one eye on ebay to see what bargains show up over the next year.