• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kugelfischer racing injection with slide throttle

inca-orange

Hello,

this is a complete original racing injection.

Slide throttle - very good and comes with linkage and race thermostat housing

4 x NOS injectors, tested at Bosch!

1 x NOS race pump with 7.5 mm head

Came as spares of an old racecar. Other stuff available.

Best regards

IMG_0918.JPG

Are you selling this? You don’t actually say. 

How about placing an ad on the ‘for sale’ board here with your location and how much you are looking for? I bet you get lots of interest. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

I bought a whole race car with a trailer under it for less than that- and then raced it for 2

years for effectively just tire and gas money.

To each their own, I suppose.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

The slide unit is (was) made by 'Schrick', very well made - Jeff Hecox has one I believe and used on one of his cars for a period of time. The water pipe piece is a must have, can't use the standard one as the slide encroaches into that area (kind of like an over/under shotgun vs side/side).  Pretty price I will say, but then if you have to have for vintage (or just have to have) they don't come along often, as always, only worth what someone is willing to pay.

1 hour ago, markmac said:

Pretty price I will say, but then if you have to have for vintage (or just have to have) they don't come along often, as always, only worth what someone is willing to pay.

It’s really a great set/kit that would put anyone’s project over the top as a showstopper. There may be more effective setups but this would amazing to see ??

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

Nice setup for sure and I believe someone will be happy that it's available. All of us are not financially challenged :) Always great to see those builds. I made my own slide throttle mostly because it was cheaper than a butterfly setup from a shop.

Edited by Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Someone here recently had Wes Ingram install a setup like this.  Remember, the KFish has a whole lot of geometry from the gas pedal to the throttle body(s).  Not necessarily a DIY, for me anyway.  So the cost goes up even more.

I know Wes was excited with the results of the installation.  Big bump in HP.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

It is hard to tell from the picture but if that is a true "racing" pump then there isn't the mechanism inside the pump that adjusts the fuel cone based on engine speed.  This might make great HP but it would not be a very good setup for a street car (even an hot rod one)  They are designed to work at full throttle with no adjustment for part throttle cruising.  Fuel is metered strictly by throttle position.  This is something you need to find out BEFORE you try to run it on a car you plan on street driving at all.  Race engines are easy, you are either at full throttle or you are on the brakes,  you never run it up to 4000 rpm and hold the throttle steady at 35% and cruise for 20 minutes. 

• Like 3

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

5 minutes ago, Preyupy said:

would not be a very good setup for a street car

I must be mistaken on the job that Wes did. I was under the impression that it was a race pump, but probably not, considering your explanation.  Foot to the floor on every shift sure sounds fun though. 

• Like 1

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Slide throttle's aren't intended for street cars.  For the reasons Byron mentions above + when the slide isn't at WOT, its partially closed - fuel is sprayed from the injector at end of the stack and will hit the partially closed plate, and then pool in the slide housing.  If your in traffic on the 405 freeway, that fuel is going to leak out of the slide down on to your hot engine....and then you know what happens after that.  Either a slide that has the injectors behind the throttle plate (early Schnitzer) or throttle bodies much better way to go....this is a vid we took of my Schnitzer engine at idle about 1500 or so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOvEoCDtBNQ

Edited by markmac
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulTWinterton said:

I must be mistaken on the job that Wes did. I was under the impression that it was a race pump, but probably not, considering your explanation.  Foot to the floor on every shift sure sounds fun though. 

Paul,

It is quite possible that the one Wes did was a A4 pump that was designed for street use and if like Mark said the injectors are behind the throttle plate it could work ok on the street.  It's just a high mounted injector, race pump system would not work very well in a street car and the fire danger is just not worth the risk. 

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC