• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Year! New Bumpers! 25% OFF stock through January 31st!!

02bumpers

11 hours ago, Whaledriver said:

I have a 73 with the long side bumper extensions  that conform to the rear body indentation. I like the tucked-in look. Will the length of your replacement tips, after mounting with your altered bumper brackets,  still match the indentations?

Yes the long rear bumper sides conform to the notched cutouts in the rear panel where the corner wraps around the side. 

These bumpers come out of Vietnam, not very expensive, they use FedEx to ship, well packed and you can get the bumper brackets from Bluntech for around $325.00 and start your bumper conversion !

I think at the end of the day the bodywork will be more expensive than the bumpers.

IMG_1520.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Chris, It's been since December since I bought the short rear bumper with cutouts, and you advertise allow 4-5 weeks for delivery.  Well it has been twice that time, and still do not have an update from you.  You have had my money since December, do you think you can send me the bumper I ordered this week?  I'm very disappointed.

☹️

15 minutes ago, 76_2002_Custom said:

Hey Chris, It's been since December since I bought the short rear bumper with cutouts, and you advertise allow 4-5 weeks for delivery.  Well it has been twice that time, and still do not have an update from you.  You have had my money since December, do you think you can send me the bumper I ordered this week?  I'm very disappointed.

☹️

I apologize for the long wait. I have emailed you with an update. This year we are experiencing major delays due to the Lunar New Year. I am very sorry...I have been pushing as hard as I can to get your shipment. 

35 minutes ago, Seth Horwitz said:

Can someone elaborate on the bodywork needed to make these fit, or are they plug-n-play when you buy the proper mounts? I’m a little confused. This would be for a ‘76 square tail. Thanks. 

Seth 

Hey Seth. So the body work that would need to be done is purely cosmetic when using the conversion brackets that are offered on the website.

Here is a brief overview of the holes that are left when converting from late model bumpers to early: There are holes in the front fenders and the rear quarter panel that are left from the accordion side mounting points, as well as cutouts in the front nose where the late model brackets are inserted (the bracket kit provides the sheet metal to close up these cutouts around the conversion brackets), also there are holes which span across the lower part of the rear panel, I think there is roughly 8-10 screws which are used to mount the rubber flap which covers the gap from the rear panel to the the inside lip of the late model bumper. The rear bracket mounting holes are covered by the rear bumper. Another option, if body filling isn't one,  is putting plastic grommets which can be found at your local hardware store to plug each hole and paint them to match the color of the car. This option is more of a "quick fix". Please email me at chris@02bumpers.com if you have any other questions. Hope this clears some things up! 

-Chris

38 minutes ago, Mario Falfan said:

The brackets will help you mount the new bumpers (not plug and play) it’s more like fiddle with them till they look right. The bodywork is something that can be done at a later time, it just depends on your OCD...

By bodywork, do you mean plugging and painting the holes, or cutting and using Bond-o to shape the bumpers and fenders to contour/go cleanly with the steel bumpers? You mentioned that the bodywork would be more expensive than the bumpers and brackets, which is part of what had me confused. I won’t be using a micrometer to check spacing, but more like OCD to the point that I laugh at panel gap and alignment on a Tesla Model 3, and wouldn’t want it on my car. (Your car looks great, by the way.) Thanks for any help. 

Edited by Seth Horwitz